Can copy violins be any good?

Can imitation violins be of good quality? I recently purchased one and I absolutely love the sound and feel of the violin. But is it just me? Or can copy violins actually be good?

The violin reads: COPIE DE NICOLAUS AMATIUS CREMONIEA HIERONIMI FILIUS ANTONI NEPOS FECIT 1676. Its a french violin made circa 1920s from Mirecourt.

Any insights? And Anybody know how much my violin may be worth?

Can imitation violins be of good quality? I recently purchased one and I absolutely love the sound and feel of the violin. But is it just me? Or can copy violins actually be good?

The violin reads: COPIE DE NICOLAUS AMATIUS CREMONIEA HIERONIMI FILIUS ANTONI NEPOS FECIT 1676. Its a french violin made circa 1920s from Mirecourt.

Any insights? And Anybody know how much my violin may be worth?

Copies can be excellent, for example the Voller brothers' work, Vuillaume's copies, and many Italian makers who copied their teachers' or other famous lutier's works, even putting in a false label. Usually something that is advertised as a copy is actually just based on a particular model rather than a total copy down to the exact same graduations and varnish colorings and wear. Many excellent contemporary makers build "copies" of del Gesu and Strad violins. I would go by how it sounds and the condition of the instrument rather than whether or not it is a "copy".

Copies can be excellent, for example the Voller brothers' work, Vuillaume's copies, and many Italian makers who copied their teachers' or other famous lutier's works, even putting in a false label. Usually something that is advertised as a copy is actually just based on a particular model rather than a total copy down to the exact same graduations and varnish colorings and wear. Many excellent contemporary makers build "copies" of del Gesu and Strad violins. I would go by how it sounds and the condition of the instrument rather than whether or not it is a "copy".

Not to mention the output of nearly everyone on this forum.