Maestronet Forums

Laser scans

Johnmasters

Are there any fine-mesh laser scans for plates of any of the Cremona violins? For example, if a top had to come off, it could have been scanned and the file may exist in someone's possession.

Bruce Carlson: Perhaps you are the person who might know where one can get such a scan?

Hi John,

Do you mean inside and out? Don't know of any offhand.

Bruce

Hi John:

You might want to talk to John Waddle in Minneapolis. He has done something similar to what I infer you are interested in with his ct scans being adapted to CNC. described here: http://waddleviolins.com/accelsite/media/5646/The%20Progress%20of%20Progress.pdf

Thanks Roger. Yes, I just needed a set of numbers. And I would try it in CNC. Not the entire plate, but up to a margin around the edge.

Thanks Roger. Yes, I just needed a set of numbers. And I would try it in CNC. Not the entire plate, but up to a margin around the edge.

Hi John,

A while ago we took a laser scan of this Ruggeri violin using using an 'Arius 3D laser scanner'. Here’s a 2D image of what we did.

post-28884-0-38401800-1344377480_thumb.jpg

Is this the kind of thing you are looking for? or something different? (or perhaps a different model)

Guy