Bend-a-light alternatives

Having thrown away my last (of many) Steelman bend-a-lights, I'm looking for a better replacement.

What are other people using?

I have a nice goose-neck inspection light, but I cannot, for the life of me, find it on the internet, and I need two.

post-24710-0-09217800-1336496531_thumb.jpg

Any hints,suggestions, or alternatives would be appreciated.

I'll see you in hell Steelman bend-a-light!!!!

Thanks!

If you haven't already, look around in the discount, big box and even local hardware stores for LED lights in the style you want. They come with various length goose-necks and various size bulb ends and keep getting cheaper. I modified a stick-on LED light with a long twisted wire for a goose-neck but it isn't well insulated and the switch is going bad. Only cost a dollar but I don't recommend it unless you have some electronics experience.

Hi Argle'

I could not see from your profile where you are based but here in the UK I buy cheap and very useful flexible inspection lights that look a bit more modern than the one you picture for about £15 or less from hardware supplies or Auto supplies...can't remember the name of my one but an internet search brought up something similar http://www.ntxtools.com/network-tool-warehouse/TTN-36052.html ....the cable on my one is designed to be flexed to required shape and and remain rigid....useful to have.

Having thrown away my last (of many) Steelman bend-a-lights, I'm looking for a better replacement.

What are other people using?

I have a nice goose-neck inspection light, but I cannot, for the life of me, find it on the internet, and I need two.

post-24710-0-09217800-1336496531_thumb.jpg

Any hints,suggestions, or alternatives would be appreciated.

I'll see you in hell Steelman bend-a-light!!!!

Thanks!

I got one the same as in your picture from Dick (now Dictum). It is quite useful because it has both the bendable arm and the much thinner fibre optic type end. Often with many of the bendy inspection lamps out there the size of the bulb is a bit too big to fit through a violin sound hole.