Maestronet Forums

Changing Avatar Problem

Scott S

I am having trouble uploading a new avatar. The picture is 90x90 pixel, JPEG image and 1.89KB. I get the following statement.

The upload failed - There is a problem moving the avatar to the uploads directory. Please verify permissions are set correctly on the uploads folder.

I have also tried other images that would not upload. Any help would be very appreciated.

Scott

I am having trouble uploading a new avatar. The picture is 90x90 pixel, JPEG image and 1.89KB. I get the following statement.

The upload failed - There is a problem moving the avatar to the uploads directory. Please verify permissions are set correctly on the uploads folder.

I have also tried other images that would not upload. Any help would be very appreciated.

Scott

I had that problem recently as well Scott. I'll forward a link to this thread to Glenn and see if he knows what's going on.

Glenn, any news yet? I'm standing here in public without an avatar! I realize that with some help I can upload a picture with a url, but I don't wanna. The profile picture works fine, even sizes the image, what's the dif?

More patient than this post reflects, Scott

I tried it for fun and found the same problem at first uploading an image from a PC.

An avatar image will however upload from an external URL address.

(At least mine did.)

12112copy.jpg

Go to the "edit your profile" page from "your profile".

Crop your graphic to 90x90 pixles.

Upload it to one of the popular free image storage sites such as 'picasa', 'photobucket', 'imageshack' or the like.

Click on 'change avatar' and choose the second option, upload your image and save changes.

There may be others ways but this should work for you.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can any of you with file upload problems provide the operating system and browser you are using? I was just able to change my avatar with no problem. And the 90 x 90 pixel count you can ignore because the system will scale it for you. It still needs to be below 50K though. Mine was 45K.

• 2 months later...

YAY!! I was finally able to change mine! I had to change it to a .gif format from a .jpg

now how do you make a thumbs up smiley?

Hi ghunt, sorry I missed seeing your post in August or I would have responded. Windows xp and 7 and Opera and Explorer but it's working now. :)