Maestronet Forums

newly arrived

wooden

Hello everybody. I've just discovered this site and I am very excited about it. I started recently to make violins on my own. My previous job had little to do with this one. But I completely changed direction and I am happy about it. I am presenting this violin (the second one: the first one is even worse...) One question: does anybody knows if there is any standard measure for the neck in a baroque violin at the upper nut? Is it about 24 mm or even more? Thanks.

Hello everybody. I've just discovered this site and I am very excited about it. I started recently to make violins on my own. My previous job had little to do with this one. But I completely changed direction and I am happy about it. I am presenting this violin (the second one: the first one is even worse...) One question: does anybody knows if there is any standard measure for the neck in a baroque violin at the upper nut? Is it about 24 mm or even more? Thanks.

I made my baroque violins with a 25mm wide neck at the nut. They are comfortable to play at that dimension.

What will number three be?

Marilyn Wallin

Concord MA

I made my baroque violins with a 25mm wide neck at the nut. They are comfortable to play at that dimension.

What will number three be?

Marilyn Wallin

Concord MA

Thank you very much for your kind advice. I will take note for the third one I'm currently making.

I wasn't able to attach some images of the violin and I'm still trying to do it. Can anyone tell me how to upload images please?

To add photos click on the Choose File box under Attachments. Click the photo you want and click on the Attach This File box. Do this for all the photos, and you're done. By the way, welcome. Many on the site, me included are self taught (with a lot of help here), so you're not alone.

Ken

...At the bottom you get two choice..."post" and "use full editor".Choose "use full editor"and you will get the choices the others mention.

I don't see that on my computer. I have a choice under "Options" between "Add Reply" (if I'm replying to a previous message), or "Post New Topic" (if I'm starting a new topic), "Preview Post" and "Cancel."

I guess it works differently depending on your computer.

I don't see that on my computer. I have a choice under "Options" between "Add Reply" (if I'm replying to a previous message), or "Post New Topic" (if I'm starting a new topic), "Preview Post" and "Cancel."

I guess it works differently depending on your computer.

It's because you're not scrolling down enough. the "full editor" key is really at the bottom, in the middle of the page.

But you don't even need to do that. First you have to clic on "add reply". When you do that you get the place to type your post and the "attachment" key with the "browse", "clear selection" and "attach this file" keys.

Edit.Oops the second part of the post was intended to Wooden,,, :)

Thanks everybody for your kind help. If you can see photos in this post it will mean that I've found out how to do it...

When you have browsed ...and attached a file ,a code will apeare in the box to the left of the browse button ....NOW over to the extreme right click the add to post button/ delete from post....far right...try that

Hello and thank you very much for your kind replies. I'm so sorry for taking so much of your time and patience. But I'm afraid the attach option is simply not in my computer. The windows you show do not match the ones I can see on mine. I have tried four different browsers (explorer, chrome safari and firefox) and in neither of them I can see the attach option. Simply it isn't there. I think I'll give up.

One more thought, I don't know if this is relevant, but perhaps....

Go to Profile - Edit Profile - Settings - General Settings

enable Flash Uploader

Thank you very much carlobartolini for your help. Now I can see the attach button. I has appeared suddenly in my screen...