Terms and Conditions for Posting

What can I list?

You can list tools and materials used in the manufacturing and repair of stringed instruments and their related accessories that you wish to exchange with others. All other items will be removed without warning or notice. You agree to post appropriate content and will not do any of the following:

· violate any laws;

· be false or misleading;

· infringe any third-party right;

· copy, modify, or distribute any other person's content.

What information should I include?

Include as much information as you wish. At a minimum, the details of the item and the recommended method of contact need to be included. Attaching photos will enhance your topic and are recommended.

What about my content?

When you give us content, you are granting us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights to that content. (We need these rights to host and display your content.) If you believe that your rights have been violated, please notify a moderator and we will investigate the matter. We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms or of any party's rights.

Liability

You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do. As most of the stuff on Maestronet comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what's offered. We also cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our services. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of Maestronet, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.

Despite the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or any third party (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability in tort, by statute or otherwise) is limited to 100 United States Dollars.

• 1 year later...

HI, First time poster here at the forum, have read on and off. I was wondering if it is ok to post things for sale in the Luthier Exchange forum. You clearly state that things are for trade or exchange. If it is not ok then where can I post them. I have a set of book matched maple for a cello back. It is VERY old and would like to offer it for sale to your members.

Thank you.

Jack Havivi

Havivi Violins
Israel

• 2 years later...

As long as you're not a commercial wood dealer (which I don't believe you are), you are welcome to list the wood on the forum.  

One would deduce from this that posts from commercial outfits are not permitted.

May I suggest that if this is the case, then it should be explicitly stated in the terms and conditions in the OP, because as it stands, there is nothing in these T&C's which would indicate that commercial postings are prohibited.

You can list tools and materials used in the manufacturing and repair of stringed instruments and their related accessories that you wish to exchange with others.

That would seem to indicate that if I ran a business on the side supplying tools (which as it happens I do) then I would be free to post details of these tools in exchange for money.

Fear not, I have no intention of using the forum to spam any of my products, but I do feel that the T&C's should be updated to make the situation crystal clear.

As it stands, the meaning is implicit; it needs to be made explicit. 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Thank you,

IN SHORT:  I'M LIQUIDATING EVERYTHING I HAVE AND WOULD LIKE TO OFFER IT HERE FOR SALE, WITH SOME SPECIFIC

QUALIFICATIONS BASED ON MY SPECIFIC SITUATION.  CAN I?

I did read ghunt's post of March 12, 2012. It talks of exchange, but not of sale. That is my confusion.