Sign in to follow this  
Tommy

Wurlitzer Number

If anyone knows how I can get information on a wurlitzer number printed inside a violin I would greatly appreciate your help. To the extent that there is any info out there the number is M449. Thank you.

Not sure but I think Bein and Fushi may have acquired them. The Smithsonian is in possession of important records from a shop who's name escapes me at the moment (Francais?)

If anyone knows how I can get information on a wurlitzer number printed inside a violin I would greatly appreciate your help. To the extent that there is any info out there the number is M449. Thank you.

When I put wurlitzer 449 into Google, I got the following info: http://virtuallibrarycincinatilibrary.org/lib/18/287/R681_8029_fR17_1901.pdf There is a tremendous lot of data. But I do not know how to interpret this. It is entirely about Wurlitzer violins.

Ben Podgor

...go to google and put wurlitzer 449 into it...

Can you be more specific? When I search Google for "Wurlitzer 449," I see a lot of stuff on juke boxes and organs, but nothing on violins.

Can you be more specific? When I search Google for "Wurlitzer 449," I see a lot of stuff on juke boxes and organs, but nothing on violins.

I went back to google and is changed. It already has our discussion here as first. Originally when I first posted, I gave a very long detailed http, but when the post appeared it omitted most of the material. Sorry, I can no longer find the original data. It was a virtual library thing.

Ben Podgor

I dont think the little printed stickers inside are the same as numbers that appear in their catalogues They are to do with certificate records.

The links above just give downloads of various Wurlitzer catalogues.

Ben, Brad:

I believe this is the link you were looking for.

Yes, that was the link I lost and you found it. There is also more on that link if you enter wurlitzer into the search engine when you go to cincinnatilibrary.org I am not equiped to evaluate it, but this may lead to answer to original question.

Ben Podgor