Wurlitzer Number

Tommy

• 1 month later...

If anyone knows how I can get information on a wurlitzer number printed inside a violin I would greatly appreciate your help. To the extent that there is any info out there the number is M449. Thank you.

When I put wurlitzer 449 into Google, I got the following info: http://virtuallibrarycincinatilibrary.org/lib/18/287/R681_8029_fR17_1901.pdf There is a tremendous lot of data. But I do not know how to interpret this. It is entirely about Wurlitzer violins.

Ben Podgor

Can you be more specific? When I search Google for "Wurlitzer 449," I see a lot of stuff on juke boxes and organs, but nothing on violins.

I went back to google and is changed. It already has our discussion here as first. Originally when I first posted, I gave a very long detailed http, but when the post appeared it omitted most of the material. Sorry, I can no longer find the original data. It was a virtual library thing.

Ben Podgor

Ben, Brad:

I believe this is the link you were looking for.

Yes, that was the link I lost and you found it. There is also more on that link if you enter wurlitzer into the search engine when you go to cincinnatilibrary.org I am not equiped to evaluate it, but this may lead to answer to original question.

Ben Podgor

• 9 years later...
4 hours ago, stringchick said:

I too am looking for what I believe is a Wurlitzer # in my violin.   Is there a way online to look it up? The previous links do not work for this. 0BCE3D48-4C3E-48F6-8642-CB02F542F4A9.thumb.jpeg.527b460932b72a1a9f774c82e106d5ad.jpeg  

You should post photos of your violin in the peg box with a request for information. It looks like an interesting violin, although I have never seen F-holes like that