Maestronet Forums

Violin Price/Value Index?

Tommy

Would greatly appreciate any information about whether someone has created an index for violins or string instruments in general as a function of time. It is obvious from sources such as Cozio that the trend is upward. Obviously there are a lot of factors that affect the particular selling price for any specific instrument but as an aggregate some pretty reliable data should be obtainable. The slope of the trend and historical slope/moving average is not obvious from all the individual data points of the various makers. It would not be that hard to create just curious if anyone has done so before I investigate further. One could also take it to the extreme of creating a futures market in the index, although that is far from my intent/interest. Thank you. Tom

Would greatly appreciate any information about whether someone has created an index for violins or string instruments in general as a function of time. It is obvious from sources such as Cozio that the trend is upward. Obviously there are a lot of factors that affect the particular selling price for any specific instrument but as an aggregate some pretty reliable data should be obtainable. The slope of the trend and historical slope/moving average is not obvious from all the individual data points of the various makers. It would not be that hard to create just curious if anyone has done so before I investigate further. One could also take it to the extreme of creating a futures market in the index, although that is far from my intent/interest. Thank you. Tom

+++++++++++++++++

Some years ago, I have seen a book ploted a chart of value (prices) of old instrument against time. The older of

a group of instruments they got; the more value they attained. That was everyone believes. There is no surprise to anyone..

It was only more accurately descibed By the time I read it. It was a history, no use to anyone.