Maestronet Forums

VIOLINIST DIES GOING BACK FOR VIOLIN

Will L

Just saw on the news that a violinist by the name of Sandor Feher on the recent cruise ship disaster helped some kids to get on their life preservers then went back to his cabin to get his violin. He did not survive. Very sad and a reminder of how much we as musicians treasure these little chunks of wood.

Just saw on the news that a violinist by the name of Sandor Feher on the recent cruise ship disaster helped some kids to get on their life preservers then went back to his cabin to get his violin. He did not survive. Very sad and a reminder of how much we as musicians treasure these little chunks of wood.

Hello Will, thank you for your post as I have never seen or heard of such a sad story about a man and his violin. He was the violinist on this cruise ship and I just heard him from his clip from you tube. He certainly was a sincere young violinist who came from a family of violinists, and my prayers go out to him and his family. OT

++++++++++++++

I can understand his taking the risk of helping to kids to safety but why he took another risk for getting the violin

which was replaceable.

I don't go anywhere without the violin, certainly not leaving it in a hotel or state room. Makes for interesting looks in a bank, however. :lol:

That's pretty amusing.

Sad story, however. The captain is a real coward, the whole event is a senseless accident which could have been avoided.