Maestronet Forums

Stradivari family vs Ford Mustang Boss 302

JPherson

One of the best descriptions ever. :lol::lol::lol: copied from yahoo.com

Ford Mustang GT/Boss 302 - Sounds pretty incredible and it is.

What the Boss 302 did for the Mustang GT is not too dissimilar from what the Stradivari family did for the violin. The basic instrument (the violin, the Mustang GT) was already pretty great. Near perfection. Then someone (a Stradivari, Ford Mustang engineers) managed to create a new standard for all other luthiers and/or muscle-car makers. Which are kind of the same people. Okay, they're not, but the point is that nothing can touch the Boss at $41,105. With its screaming 7500-rpm, 444-hp, 5.0-liter V-8, it'll rip off 60 mph in four seconds flat, break the quarter-mile in 12.4 seconds at 117 mph, stop from 70 in 155 feet, and hold the road at 0.95 g. If you are wondering, those numbers are on par with the $20,970-pricier BMW M3 coupe. And don't forget the Boss 302 Laguna Seca edition, good for one second around its namesake track.

Our biggest complaints are that the steering wheel lacks a telescoping feature and that steering feedback is, at best, vague. We got over it, and so can you. Also, as one of us found out, your significant other may have a problem riding around in a car that has "Boss" emblazoned on its side. Then again, if 40 large is too rich, the Stang GT doesn't disappoint. It's short 32 horses and lacks the track-ready suspension of the Boss, but it's an astounding instrument in its own right.

See i could make it about violins just add Stradivari in the article.

Jesse

444 horsepower for 41 thousand dollars?

Slightly used Corvettes with 800 to 1000 horsepower frequently come on the market for under 30K. No factory warranty though. :D

Quite a few people in our business honed their mechanical and physics skills on motor vehicles. I could even go so far as to recommend it. B)

I can think of six semi-motorheads who worked at the Weisshhar shop during the time when I was there, and most of them are names people would recognize.

Often people ask me if I play the instruments I make. I do but I am not a virtuoso player and my experience of an instrument is irrelevant compared to what a virtuoso player requires. It is the same with mechanics and racing drivers. Feedback and communication is incredibly important. I am a petrolhead and run a car maintained at an auto racing company...We became great friends after we discussed set up in our respective trades....Hehe!

My senior year in high school, this new girl pulls into the parking lot in a brand new Shelby GT 350...and her name was Candy...the girl not the car. Instant success...for both the girl and the car. After 300 years neither of them will have the beauty and charm of Mrs. Blunt's fiddle.....just sayin' that's all....

on we go,

Joe

My senior year in high school, this new girl pulls into the parking lot in a brand new Shelby GT 350...and her name was Candy...the girl not the car. Instant success...for both the girl and the car. After 300 years neither of them will have the beauty and charm of Mrs. Blunt's fiddle.....just sayin' that's all....

on we go,

Joe

Now Joe,have you always felt this way? If you can HONESTLY tell us that you were more into lady blunt than Candy WHEN you were 18, I'll nominate you Dork of the year.....Candy was Hot, I don't know how she's doing lately .Probably not as good as lady Blunt ..But back then she was hot....Just sayin' that,s all.... :D

Now Joe,have you always felt this way? If you can HONESTLY tell us that you were more into lady blunt than Candy WHEN you were 18, I'll nominate you Dork of the year.....Candy was Hot, I don't know how she's doing lately .Probably not as good as lady Blunt ..But back then she was hot....Just sayin' that,s all.... :D

JMJ,

Nah...I didn't even know what a fiddle was in 1967..........Candy AND the car were out of my league.......but NOW the LB is hot and they are not...well maybe they are, but not that hot...........

dork of the century,

Joe

JMJ,

Nah...I didn't even know what a fiddle was in 1967..........Candy AND the car were out of my league.......but NOW the LB is hot and they are not...well maybe they are, but not that hot...........

dork of the century,

Joe

Yes,well said,,True True,, Well to Quote a great poet....The times they are a changing,and Now I've finished yet another bottle of Drambuie, with a great laugh.Ahhhh so, where where we?ah yes Mustangs and Strad....Oh yes.

Yes,well said,,True True,, Well to Quote a great poet....The times they are a changing,and Now I've finished yet another bottle of Drambuie, with a great laugh.Ahhhh so, where where we?ah yes Mustangs and Strad....Oh yes.

or a nice 12 year old Auchentoshan...my Dad called this a breakfast scotch..........

dork of the century,

Joe

Melvin, here's a nice twin-turbo Vette for sale for only 28 thousand dollars. :)

Probably good for over 1000 horsepower, although it's only tuned for 700 right now.

Don't ask how long it takes to change the spark plugs. :lol:

IMG_1261.jpg

Here's another twin turbo Corvette that was available for 25K recently, but I guess something went wrong since then..... :lol:

DSC00533.jpg