Maestronet Forums

so what other composers you don't like

gabi

to be honest the Mahler thread came as a huge surprise as i thought he is universaly recognised as a great composer,and everybody likes his music

that seams not to be the case,

so ....why limit to Mahler.. if you have others on your list come on spill it all out, now is the time

God knows ..maybe somebody doesn't like Puccini or something...

i'll start with myself in saing that i'm not particulary found of Copland, its not really that i dislike it,but i think it just gets to much attention for what it is

to be honest the Mahler thread came as a huge surprise as i thought he is universaly recognised as a great composer,and everybody likes his music

that seams not to be the case,

so ....why limit to Mahler.. if you have others on your list come on spill it all out, now is the time

God knows ..maybe somebody doesn't like Puccini or something...

i'll start with myself in saing that i'm not particulary found of Copland, its not really that i dislike it,but i think it just gets to much attention for what it is

+++++++++++++++

A friend of mine once said he likes all composers. I asked why. He said some would take him 5 min and some would take him longer than his life.

It was a matter of how you would take it.

What is a good piece of music? If I listen to it once and I want to hear it again and again.

A good compser would not disappoint you.( just a thought)

" start with myself in saing that i'm not particulary found of Copland, its not really that i dislike it,but i think it just gets to much attention for what it is

" (quote] What a coincidence. I have the same feeling.

After listening to Mozart, (and other big names) I do not find I miss too much modern composers. Very strange to me. Once a long while I hear something good

but rarely.

This is a ridiculous thread completely unrelated to violin making. What's next.... So what violin makers do you not like, living or dead?? What musicians do you not like? What do you not like? Sorry to be a boring kill joy but someone had to say it. :)

No, it is not.

This is a community of people interested mainly in violins but also , inherently, in what's played with violins. If you have some great ideea to discuss you're welcomed to start a new thread.

Allow us, Your Grace, to waste some bits of time on matters you might not be getting any relevant info from...

John Cage (except for 4'33")

Bravo Actonern. Certainly my favorite piece by John Cage. It seems I listen to it over and over all day long. Sometimes it's VERY interesting. Incidentally, I have such good technique that in my violin transcription of this work, I can perform it in half the time. :o)

• 2 weeks later...