Do you like Mahler ?

dan_s

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Until this thread, I had no concept of what Mahler music sounded like, although I recognized the name. Now I know. Meh. Adult lullabyes, to me. Zzzzzzzzz...

I still have no concept of what Mahler's music sounds like and I've recorded it many times. Neither does Mahler, I'd guess.

But playing a couple of GREATS together and backwards helps...

Hi Alan,

Neither - he's Chinese: Mahler violins Mahler must be an anglicisation - I assume he is Mah Ler.

I don't understand all the posts about a composer.

Tim

++++++++++++

Please don't drag " Chinese" into this discussion. It was completely irrevent.

The subject of violins is very interesting but it is hard to talk about. There are two other subjects that people would not talk about.

Politic and ... .

This is a ridiculous thread completely unrelated to violin making. What's next.... So what violin makers do you not like, living or dead?? What musicians do you not like? What do you not like? Sorry to be a boring kill joy but someone had to say it. :)

Hey, I haven't weighed in yet, simply because I slept in this morning...!

Regarding the thread, if you look carefully, can you just make out the palm trees, swaying in the hot Southern wind?

Hey, I haven't weighed in yet, simply because I slept in this morning...!

Regarding the thread, if you look carefully, can you just make out the palm trees, swaying in the hot Southern wind?

Everyone knows there are no palm trees on Maestronet! This is a clever ploy to discredit the Occupy Pegbox movement. Rumor has it the Modernists are behind this.

All I can say in response is... MORE COWBELL! (upper left) laugh.gif

post-35343-0-20002700-1322519880_thumb.jpg

Everyone knows there are no palm trees on Maestronet! This is a clever ploy to discredit the Occupy Pegbox movement. Rumor has it the Modernists are behind this.

All I can say in response is... MORE COWBELL! (upper left) laugh.gif

+++++++++++++++++++++++

It was a discussion of Mahler Violins (brand name of a $400 violin ), not a discussion of the conductor. I feel much more relief.

If you have $400 to spend on a violin why not look into an used instrument, which may have cracks but well repaired. Some repaired work is so good

you do not notice the difference in sound if it was broken before. Some violins like that could be bought with a few hundred dollars.