Maestronet Forums

Violin sheet music on the ipad

Maestro

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this kind of question, my apology up front.

I hear many musicians carry their entire sheet music library on an iPad. Does anybody know how to get the existing paper based library on the iPad? Do I need to scan every single page? (that would take me years!). Provided I get the music on the iPad can it be edited for fingering, bowing etc?

Thanks

Just learning the ipad myself...

1. The music has to be digital. You probably want the book reader that works with iphoto. You can then load pdf's of sheet music, and read them through the reader.

Shorter pieces could be individual jpg's in iphoto.

2. Digital sheet music. Much of it is public domain, and already in pdf format.

http://imslp.org/wiki/Main_Page is great for classical. The ABC notation page for folk/world, etc.

Hope this helps.

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this kind of question, my apology up front.

I hear many musicians carry their entire sheet music library on an iPad. Does anybody know how to get the existing paper based library on the iPad? Do I need to scan every single page? (that would take me years!). Provided I get the music on the iPad can it be edited for fingering, bowing etc?

Thanks

My web site: http;//benjaminpodgor.com/music.html gives you two links to Free sheet music. I doubt that much of it is for violin, but if you find the treble cleff of the piano satifactory you might find a good part of your needs. If you have a web site, you can scan material into it, if it is not copyrighten. I believe that no matter what you do, you will not be able to edit the material.

Probably the best bet on solving the problem would be to finding one of these musicians that "carry their entire sheet music library on an iPad"

Altho I have some of my music for eBooks on sale at Barnes & Noble, I do not use the iPad.

I know this does not answer your question, but it may help.

Ben