Sign in to follow this  
Cuzco School

This is a beaut!!

obviously, pappy, you either are the seller, or are working for the seller, or are just plain stupid as this is an obviously fake violin, from a seller with a terrible reputation for faking labels....

This is a beaut--I have handled a few of these. Superb spruce top soaked, steamed and pressed onto a form with great precision. The lacquer made from resins sprayed through properly cleaned spray equipment. The video reminded me of the first one of these that I strung up years ago as a teenager with Black Diamond strings. Hauntingly familiar--sounds just like I remember. Most of these violins have school children's names or initials engraved on them, so this one is truly a beaut.

obviously, pappy, you either are the seller, or are working for the seller, or are just plain stupid as this is an obviously fake violin, from a seller with a terrible reputation for faking labels....

Lyndon- I am of course joking, jeez! I thought you guys would get a kick out of this.

No sense of humor at all...I just can't believe you prigs....it's just the limit! You have my profound pity, it's very sad, very sad...

Yes, I am stupid to have even gone on this forum, (I'm sure as hell not going to learn anything on it from mopes like you) I am not the seller of this ludicrous instrument, nor am I working for the pirates that flogged it.

You are a most irritating man and you overstep yourself. I do not like you even one little bit. Stick it in your f-hole buddy!

then if youre joking why should you be so offended if someone doesnt get your joke, next time you want to joke around try doing it when the auction is over and other people who might not get your joke dont bid on it.....

then if youre joking why should you be so offended if someone doesnt get your joke, next time you want to joke around try doing it when the auction is over and other people who might not get your joke dont bid on it.....

Lyndon... again, please dial it back a bit. I know the board has seen it's share of odd posts lately, but I don't think the op thought any harm would come of his link... and I actually giggled a little when I clicked on it. :)

This is great!

Not only does it have "ACTUAL PHOTOS" (as opposed to ???)

also the video demonstrates the wonderful "Flies trapped in a window screen" timbre of the prized instrument.

Thank you for posting.

Straight forward, very bottom of the range „Dutzendarbeit from Schönbach between the wars. I cant see the problem. There are plenty of other things that I would puke at first. At least it doesn't come from China!

(OK. Needs the label taking out)

I think I am more offended by the "playing" of the instrument than the instrument itself.

------

private message: Jacob, my PM system is not working, but

If interested, I've detailed one of our interactions

in the Fingerboard chat room under the student who talks too much thread.e

Katsu, Steve

I think I am more offended by the "playing" of the instrument than the instrument itself.

------

Katsu, Steve

I feel almost famous now!

Personally, as an observer, I find lyndon's posts refreshing in their candor. He certainly is intelligent and knowledgeable, seems honest, and 'calls them as he sees them' !

That's not all bad, is it?

------

Katsu, Steve

++++++++++++

Tune it right to begin with. Play a little fast. My very first violin was like that too, of course many years ago . It was a lower grade German student violin

right after the war.

well thank you very much, jimbow, im glad to know my efforts arent completely over everyones head, on this particular post i see a newer member posting links to an auction just about to end, it honestly looked like a pretty serious attempt to help sell the violin for more, before anyone had a time to comment, so i commented, oops, as we australians should know, tongue in cheek sarcasm on this board is often misunderstood by the multiple nationalities posting, with americans especially it really helps to add "just kidding" or "joke" if you want to tell a tall tale.