Maestronet Forums

Atelier Violins Forum, moderated by John Thornton www.atelierviolins.com

stephen maloney

Maybe they're thrown by the groove that the ribs fit into!!

If he posted the pictures here I think he'd get a rapid response .....

Well, I would be posting here but since even gentlemen that I previously considered responsible adults are acting like teen-agers with eccess drinks, ridiculing every post I make, there's no option. I don't need to sneer at others to feel better myself. ;)

Au revoir,

T.

Well, I would be posting here but since even gentlemen that I previously considered responsible adults are acting like teen-agers with eccess drinks, ridiculing every post I make, there's no option. I don't need to sneer at others to feel better myself. ;)

Au revoir,

T.

Dear Tarisio’chen,

I am not aware of anybody with any desire to sneer at a person with the pseudonym “Tarisiofever” for whatever reason.

Much rather, since you appeared on a different forum whose other participants gave the impression of being created by a ventriloquist known variously as Thornton, Jmannsback, Murphey etc., I believe people would just be curious to know that you are a real individual person who actually exists.

Perhaps you would like to take this opportunity of clearing up any such possible unfortunate misunderstanding.

I don't find it unusual that there would be several people in the world with similar personalities. There are quite a few of us, after all, and we do tend to find and gravitate to others with similar interests and attitudes, and in many cases to people who are going to tell us what we want to hear. I'm voting that what some here apparently think is just one person is simply as many as they superficially appear to be, with the exception that Jed and the administrator are probably both Jed--he is the site owner, after all, and the default administrator.

Au revoir,

T.

I've shared private emails with T. I respect his choice to participate where he feels comfortable. Our communications indicate that he does not feel comfortable with the atmosphere here and does not appreciate my moderation style. That's OK. I doubt I'd be comfortable participating on Mr. Murphy's site or a few others I've visited. Nice to have choices.

I've received this email from someone claiming to be John Thornton - it was in relation to a comment I made in the thread Bow Identification

start quote

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "An expert eye would be able to identify the workshop, but not from 2-d photos."

"It's a good idea to get the weight right - teachers and other prejudiced buyers are obsessed with weight (as if one bought a bow by the gram), and if it ends up around 60 grams that's always popular. So choose the right lapping!"

Hi Martin! After reading the sentences above, (below the lines) I am convinced beyond any shadow of doubt that you're as dumb as a brick concerning anything about fiddles AND bows..The net worth of your "agreeing" with Jacob Saunders equals one fried TURD, doggy style.John Thornton

end quote

has anyone tried calling atelier violins to see if they really exist, i think an english accent on the line would be proof enough that jed murphy is not john thorton, however if jed murphy turns out to have an american accent and comes from alabama, thats another story......

The fact is that messages I received contained not only racial slurs but also rather graphic death threats which I forwarded to the F.B.I., with whom I've been in contact.

In a bizarre twist, over the past couple days that my other ID here on MN was predictably suspended, I read some posts at Atxxxxxviolins.com, since removed, about some sort of alleged "come to Jesus" moment that I had allegedly had. Said posts including a tearful Jimmy Swaggart styled apology from me. Quoted scripture. All sorts of praise for T and M and their scholarship.

All pure fiction. 100% BS.

In the meantime, and I find this curious, I have yet to see a single certificate by M for T. Maybe one will appear at some point on an eBay listing; then again, anyone can make a certificate in Photoshop.

As for Lyndon's last post, I will add that all correspondence that I have received from both of those people (if in fact they are 2 and not 1 as I have hypothesized), all of it without exception has IP addresses traceable to Mobile, Alabama. Perhaps M is visiting T on vacation. And perhaps aliens impregnated del Gesu's mother.

Steve