Maestronet Forums

Splined Viorin Bow/ Unstampted Simon

Unless you are a dealer, wouldn't you want to try them first? And the one has no hair.

sure I would love to try them first, but I live in south Texas and the travel expense would be as much as the bows. I am taking a chance, but a calculated one. They are pretty sure that last bow is a Simon. What makes them think that? Did Simon have a habit of not stamping his bows.

sure I would love to try them first, but I live in south Texas and the travel expense would be as much as the bows. I am taking a chance, but a calculated one. They are pretty sure that last bow is a Simon. What makes them think that? Did Simon have a habit of not stamping his bows.

It is always worth wondering why an auctioneer uses phrases like "probably by" and what that realy means. Spending an hour or two reading all of their terms and conditions might bring enlightenment.

It is always worth wondering why an auctioneer uses phrases like "probably by" and what that realy means. Spending an hour or two reading all of their terms and conditions might bring enlightenment.

I think the Simon bow is real by the shape of the head but it doesn't have a tip so it will need to be re-tipped and haired. Nice bow though.

BTW I love your siamese, I've got one too!

I think the Simon bow is real by the shape of the head but it doesn't have a tip so it will need to be re-tipped and haired. Nice bow though.

Willy is my constant companion through thick and thin. He has a hell of a tenor voice! The truth of course is that he is a castrato, he really only does "pants roles" :-)

D.

I looked at the photos really carefully. I think it has an intact tip plate and tip. I wish Tarisio would put the same zoom feature on the bows that they do on the instruments.

D.

Yes the tip might be there on closer inspection but on a few of their bows you can hardly see it. I agree with you about putting better pictures up. One of the face plate as well so you know if the abalone is OK.

My cat never stops crying, he's a real winger! lol! And when I play my violin he cries like a baby!

I stopped playing tin whistle because my late, ever-lamented semi-slimese used to get very upset, come running in from wherever she was, leap up on my lap, and sink her teeth into my hand. Never far enough to break the skin, but making it clear that skin-breaking was an option. She died 4 years ago next month at age 25, and I'm just now getting back to occasionally playing the whistle again.

The fiddle never bothered her, though.