Sign in to follow this  
NewNewbie

Lady Blunt Auction in about 1 hours time

What's up now? The page refuses to update! Just as I had found my credit card!

hahahahaha!!!! Magnus you are cracking me up!

what's going on!!!!!! the website is down!!!

I am more excited about this than Spain winning the World Cup!

He's probably too happy with his new violin to notice! ;)

Happy with the violin and the price they got it for I'd guess....

I thought it was expected to go for more than that.....It's the price of a second rate premiership footballer or a fourth rate French impressionist school painting....

US $14.14M hammer price

4.14M USD more than I expected! All for disaster relief. A very generous gift to Japan.

"It’s now easier than ever to pay for and collect your purchases from our London auctions". (Tarisio ad)

just fly to the usa to pick up....

Is this a record price paid? for a violin? what's that work out for a gram?

The Russian Billionaire Igor Alotovkash bought for his 11 year old daughter who is known for her destructive temperment and resentment at being made to practice violin.

Always thought it was Alotovkashkij !

:D

The Russian Billionaire Igor Alotovkash bought for his 11 year old daughter who is known for her destructive temperment and resentment at being made to practice violin.

Melvin, you're speaking of the Lady Blunt? If so, it's sad. This is one of the few stellar examples remaining, and it will not remain so if played regularly, like most of the rest.

If I understand correctly, the reason it is in such a good state of preservation is that it's mostly been owned by collectors, not musicians.

Melvin, you're speaking of the Lady Blunt? If so, it's sad. This is one of the few stellar examples remaining, and it will not remain so if played regularly, like most of the rest.

If I understand correctly, the reason it is in such a good state of preservation is that it's mostly been owned by collectors, not musicians.

joke..Igor..A.lot.of.cash....stuck me to..

The ‘Lady Blunt' Stradivarius Violin Sets World Record Price at Tarisio Auction

"Tarisio, the online auction house for fine instruments, sold the ‘Lady Blunt' Stradivarius violin of 1721 for a world-record price of £9,808,000 ($15,894,000) at their June 20 auction, over 4 times the previous auction record for a Stradivari violin. It was bought by an anonymous bidder after extremely active bidding."