Maestronet Forums

Ineresting test

joerobson

Strange to think that your eyes are just not able to "see" certain colours accurately.

Have you ever had a full hearing test? There is a quite large band of frequencies where my hearing drops off alarmingly - but of course I cannot hear it :D With that and my poor colour vision I live in a different world...(but you knew that already).

Before doing a blind test of violins is the hearing of the testers checked?

Tim

Actually, the most informative thing from the 'test' is the histogram of performance across the colour spectrum, not the number.

For instance, 2 colour-blind persons scored mid-60s, the prediction would be that there should be concordance in the poor-match regions.

-------------------------------

In the photography discussions, the importance of monitor set-up for colours has been emphasized. I am not selling my eyes any time soon.

Actually, the most informative thing from the 'test' is the histogram of performance across the colour spectrum, not the number.

For instance, 2 colour-blind persons scored mid-60s, the prediction would be that there should be concordance in the poor-match regions.

This should be true for hearing as well, but I have never seen hearing results plotted out like this. Would be interesting for violin sound quality perception, perhaps?

It's funny because there were a few colours that just didn't seem to fit anywhere - obviously the ones I got wrong. Strange to think that your eyes are just not able to "see" certain colours accurately. One thing I learned from my readings on colour management is that the eye has R, G and B receptors but different people can have different numbers of each, so some eyes are weighted to see particular colours better than others.

When I look at things with just one eye, one of them sees things noticeably shifted towards pink tones and the other sees more blues. I thought about redoing the test with just my left eye and then the right to see if that had helped or hurt me on the test, but I think that there is a bit of learning involved in this.