Sign in to follow this  
Jacob von der Lippe

Venta Humidifier

In Norway and many other countries in the world we have cold winters. Heating is causing our indoor climate to become quite dry. Several years ago I purchased a Venta Airwasher LW 24, which humidifies and washes the air, and I've been quite happy with that. But the main problem is that during the coldest periods, the humidifier needed a refill of water almost every day.

I bought some parts at a local hardware store, and added a second watertank. Instead of having a capacity of 7 liters, the total is now 57 liters, and I can be away for a week or more without having any worries about instruments cracking or glue seams open. Hope this experience is useful for some of you having the same climate challenges.

post-29786-0-38319400-1300131706_thumb.jpgpost-29786-0-92967900-1300131710_thumb.jpgpost-29786-0-05514600-1300131714_thumb.jpg

In Norway and many other countries in the world we have cold winters. Heating is causing our indoor climate to become quite dry. Several years ago I purchased a Venta Airwasher LW 24, which humidifies and washes the air, and I've been quite happy with that. But the main problem is that during the coldest periods, the humidifier needed a refill of water almost every day.

I bought some parts at a local hardware store, and added a second watertank. Instead of having a capacity of 7 liters, the total is now 57 liters, and I can be away for a week or more without having any worries about instruments cracking or glue seams open. Hope this experience is useful for some of you having the same climate challenges.

Interesting. What setpoint do you use for the RH in your shop? 50%?

And are there any problems with condensation in the walls or on the windows?

Interesting. What setpoint do you use for the RH in your shop? 50%?

And are there any problems with condensation in the walls or on the windows?

It is nearly impossible to get as "high" as 50% when it's really cold outside, even with full boost on the humidifier. It has three settings, 1-2-3, and I have to adjust it manually to stay within a certain range. If it's -15 degrees Celsius outside for many weeks, I'm happy if I manage to stay around 40%. In the coldest periods I do have some issues with condensation on the main wndow, but not on the walls. And I don't see that as a big problem. When it's around 0 degrees Celsius outside, it's easy to maintain 40 - 55%.