Maestronet Forums

Getting a pop-up warning

Chris Knowlton

Hi Ghunt,

When I open a thread I have been getting a pop-up that says “www.gravatar.com is trying to open a site. Do you want to allow this?”

I have been clicking “no”. Do you know what is causing this and should I allow it?

Thanks,

Chris

Something similar was happening at another message board I use and turned out to be a spam and possibly something hostile, so I wouldn't open it. I see you've reported this on the forum for technical issues, probably all we can do about it other than avoiding opening the link.

Something similar was happening at another message board I use and turned out to be a spam and possibly something hostile, so I wouldn't open it. I see you've reported this on the forum for technical issues, probably all we can do about it other than avoiding opening the link.

OK. I will keep clicking "no" and hope it goes away.

Thanks,

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Maestronet only serves ads from our own server and from Google. None of our ads are pop-ups or cause popups (we don't allow that). It is possible that something is happening with Google, but it is unlikely. It is more likely something on your own machine (a browser addon, for example) that is trying to open that pop-up.