Sign in to follow this  
James M. Jones

crown cap how to do

François Lupot, Orleans, 1770.

I realise that the whole edge is that way but do you think the round French style ebony crown perhaps came from this???

Bruce

I don´t know, interesting idea! or just we, french people like to make it more tricky (like french neck graft!)

See...... you've just shot your dogs!!!!! :)

Now that's my kind of humor!! You would fit in well with my family Bruce. Though we call those "groaners", the ability to create and serve them is highly respected and honored.

with out mention of all the names who responded big thanks! I feel clear as a bell on how and why thanks!! template yes of course! working to a flat surface either the heel or whatever back off the body hide glue all the way with good close fit thanks for the great photos! I agree capped teeth? thanks ben. goin gangsta! I realy appreaciate the time wisdom humor and consideration you all take to create this forum

OT when ol Idaho blacki asked jossie bates why she only rode with one spure she replied" cus Ifn I get one Half of this horse movin the other halfs bound ta follow "

thanks guys

Since I didn't see a photo of one go up, here's pic of a maple collar (as Bruce was mentioning). Sorry about the angle and the contrast/color. It's a little severe. Quick shot under the light of a work lamp.

post-17-1285060352_thumb.jpg

I often prefer maple to ebony ones as well. Another material I've seen used occasionally for collars is mountain mahogany, which I also find attractive.

Since I didn't see a photo of one go up, here's pic of a maple collar (as Bruce was mentioning). Sorry about the angle and the contrast/color. It's a little severe. Quick shot under the light of a work lamp.

post-17-1285060352_thumb.jpg

I often prefer maple to ebony ones as well. Another material I've seen used occasionally for collars is mountain mahogany, which I also find attractive.

Is that a Testore or some such?

Inked purfling got you going, eh? :) It's late 18th century English.

Right, I got suckered. I guess a Testore would have the back joint symmetrical, at least?

Christian. by front you mean to fit as if lowering the inlay into a walled cavity because of the full circle? confused? I was but now I think a'm not for now thanks except this testore guy more photos ? short bio? also it seems less like study of the maker of influence and more the repair r of influence? what would be the Itialan style? U or O?

Nice work kraptol, is that captain kraptol? :lol:

Ah yes hunting. Well, I live out on an open marsh, a duck hunters dream, I however, am not a duck hunter. During season over the past years, I was constantly being awoken to the sound of shotgun blasts, not very pleasant.Also I was getting sick of bringing shot and wounded ducks down to the bird rescue facility.At first I thought I would try to scare them away, that really did'nt work that well, they always ended up flying over the field and getting shot at. So, I took the opposite approach. 50$ worth of cat food a month has effectively shut down all hunting in my area. They {all 75 to 100 of them} stay in my back yard or just on the other side of the fence now :rolleyes: I like to play with my pit bulls and clean my guns on my back porch, that way when the hunters walk by on the other side of the river, we all feel like one big happy family ;)

post-24788-0-78109700-1290507629_thumb.jpg

I asked the pups and I could tell they know what I meant :)

T'was the night before hunting

Not a creature was stirring

Not even the pups

dsc6877edited1copy.jpg

Dean- I just saw this older post & pic. Looks a lot like my Llewellyn!