Sign in to follow this  
arglebargle

I know it's free...

but Maestronet has just kept getting worse and worse.

I know very little about servers and what-not, but I do know that every other site I visit, (ones with huge amounts of animated flash ads and etc.) load quickly and completely.

I go to Maestronet, and pbbbt. Nothing or just mind-numbingly slow.

There must be some sort of fix?

Please?

(Thanks for the vent.)

but Maestronet has just kept getting worse and worse.

I know very little about servers and what-not, but I do know that every other site I visit, (ones with huge amounts of animated flash ads and etc.) load quickly and completely.

I go to Maestronet, and pbbbt. Nothing or just mind-numbingly slow.

There must be some sort of fix?

Please?

(Thanks for the vent.)

If only we could get some feedback from admin (I don't mean Jeffrey, that's not his job). It is really painful at present.

If it keeps getting worse and worse, for more and more people, then where would you suggest we go? :)

Do you have a new faster board/forum in mind?

If not then maybe a search will be called for one day.

There is always more than one way to skin a cat.

Yes it is dire. Like going back to dial up.

Despite repeated requests there seems to be no action forthcoming or acknowledgment of a problem.

Dunno who owns this forum but they are going to be losing advertising revenue if they don't address it soon.

Why? Because nobody's going to coming here.

Now I have to wait two minutes for this to be posted......jeeeeeez

With all due respect to the previous posters, I have not encountered any slowdown. I live in Asia and log into Maestronet almost everyday to read the posts. And I have not had any difficulties at all or any lag in moving from page to page.

Just sharing my thoughts and experience.

Alejandro

So very slow here where I am, too.

If I recall, the last two threads on the subject had no mention of the actual problem in the title, and I'd be surprised if admin. read every post in every thread. Hint-hint, wink-wink for the next multiple of threads to be started on the subject.

With all due respect to the previous posters, I have not encountered any slowdown. I live in Asia and log into Maestronet almost everyday to read the posts. And I have not had any difficulties at all or any lag in moving from page to page.

Just sharing my thoughts and experience.

Alejandro

Alright are you saying that the Chinese government is messing with Maestronet with a Cyber Attack???? :)B):):)

Alright are you saying that the Chinese government is messing with Maestronet with a Cyber Attack???? :)B):):)

Maybe that is part of their master plan to promote Chinese violins B)

But seriously, if someone didn't bring up the issue of the site slowing down I would never have noticed.

I've never noticed any problem. It's not really fast, but it's not too bad.

Hint: Open a different tab for each topic you want to view. Then they can all be coming in at once, and you will wait less time. With Firefox, <Ctrl> click opens the subject in a new tab.

I seldom have problems and I'm on dialup. Of course, I can't open or download anything larger than about 100 KB. I think most of the problem is a time of day issue. I'm almost always on around 5 to 8 pm GMT-5.

Oh, and a few days ago I never did get on to violins.ca, so that might not be a solution.

Just for kicks, I logged on here this morning.

Its been over a week since I logged in last.

I had become frustrated to the point of no longer wanting to suffer through the virtual endless waits and frezee ups, re -re -re loads just trying to get on the home page & - etc.

And though I tried not to sound like I was complaining when I wrote about this in an earlier post, I did try to communicate that I thought there was a serious problem.

This problem didn't exist before the server switch.

I don't have time/nor the inclination for this. Nor do I think it is wise of Mgmt in this case to ignore the continued plea for some sort of explaination.

Just because something is free doesn't make it worthwhile

I'm in the Uk on very fast broadband connection and for the last two weeks its been so slow I don't even bother.

It needs sorting. I know of no other forum loading so slowly. It was always fine until about a couple of months ago - since then it an 'exception' if its connecting normally.

Geoff

It is really a problem and it is not due to our individual computers. I have a very fast computer with no “space” issues. Other internet sites that I visit are fast. Also I don’t believe it has anything to do with the number of members/guests that are logged on at any given time. This morning it was slow and there were 164 members/guests logged on. This evening it is much slower and there are only 47 logged on. It has been fast for years, now it’s time consuming and annoying. Posting is a real time bandit. I hope that something can be done

Chris

Posting in these obscurely titled threads will not alert the Forum Admins to the problems that many are having.

I posted an explicit topic in Maestronet News and then followed with comments in the Server Move thread.

That's where folks should be providing feedback on the abysmal performance.

It is such a shame that folks are switching off MN because a critical mass of good postings is so essential for a vibrant Forum.