Maestronet Forums

Which Brand Is The Bright Sound?

Fellow

Hi All,

I bought two complete sets of different brand of strings, Prelude and Pro Arte.

I put them in different violins to try. I like the set of brighter sound but forget to mark which set on which

violin. Prelude or Pro Arte? Please help to identify. Lucky me, still can ask my experienced music friends.

Thank you. :)

Well, if I remember correctly, the Pro Arte are a perlon core string while the Prelude's are steel core. So making a rough guess, I would think that the Perludes would be brighter. But by rough I mean it has a lot to do with what violin you have them on. The same set of strings can sound different on different fiddles.

Sounds like your purchased fiddle strings. Do you have the packaging still? The color coding for a particular brand might help you ID them. But honestly, what were you thinking? If you were comparing string types, you would think that you'd want to remember what is what. :)

Sounds like your purchased fiddle strings. Do you have the packaging still? The color coding for a particular brand might help you ID them. But honestly, what were you thinking? If you were comparing string types, you would think that you'd want to remember what is what. :)

+++++++++++++++

I purchased the string from a local violin shop. They took them from tubes of strings (each tube has fifty or more strings, they took one from each tube)

They marked them poorly. One bag four strings of one brand. If I try hard I still could figure them out.

Most likely the brighter set is Prelude, because their steel cores. I have not played steel core strings for a very long time, (25 years plus).

The mood of liking one type strings over other brands has changed frequently, but the violins have not. The cost of the strings has a roll to play

in the changing mood. Thank you.