Maestronet Forums

Server Move

ghunt

• 2 weeks later...

I have not been able to open some threads recently.

They seem to involve threads with a large picture,

not reduced, tho I cannot verify that. Also the third

page of Pegbox/Instrument quality will not open.

I have not been able to see Manifo's new viola.

The Bridge carving Knife will not open.

What happens is that I time out while loading.

After waiting several minutes, there is no response.

My system is locked up until I kill Maestronet.

Unless the thread is very, very old, any thread with large pictures instead of thumbnails have the pictures hosted not on Maestronet. The Maestronet site automatically thumbnails pictures so that the threads load quickly, and don't become excessively large to scroll through. It also keeps bandwidth usage down because providing thumbnails allows you to only download the images full size that you want to see.

I'm not sure why Page 3 of "Instrument Quality" does not open. I was able to load it fine. Is anyone else having an issue with that page? Have you tried more than once?

• 1 month later...
This feels like a serious downgrade. Server VERY SLOW, sometimes not responding at all.

I have to agree. 90%+ of the time I have to site waiting for a page to load - the login process is now especially slow (today I was able to login relatively painlessly).

The other 10% of the time the pages load reasonably quickly, as of old. I have not been able to associate the good loading with particular times of the day etc.

Is the problem an overload of adverts that have to load around the forum pages? I have seen adverts for slimming products and other non-instrument stuff - quite a pain.

I don't see any of these adverts other than Google AdWords, and the usual banner on top of the page... Is this some kind of localized stuff?

I don't see any of these adverts other than Google AdWords, and the usual banner on top of the page... Is this some kind of localized stuff?

Some of it clearly is. Yestderday, Ads by Google on the left had an ad for dining in Raleigh.

This means that the Google 'spiderware' is picking up the attributes of posters and using them to target ads.

I am going to remove my location to see if the loading speed improves.

• 3 weeks later...