Zulu the troll is dead

Hiding behind a mask is fine if you are in the chorus of a Greek tragedy or performing in a Japanese play, but in written form, it betrays the cowardice of anonymity - unattributable comments for which the writer takes no public responsibility.

Glenn

From your username, I presume that your surname is 'York' and you are a Physician's Assistant. Correct?

If not, then your username does not disclose your true identity.

If you really feel that way, then why not complete your profile page........bare it all, man....let it

all hang out !

Where were you born ? What's the Lat and Long of your house ? Your fav color ? Are you married ? Have kids ? When is your birthday ? Do you have a favorite violin maker ? What do you like about them ?

Do you play violin ? Do you make violins, or just sell them ? What's your fav part of the process ?

Whose your fav composer ? Do you like peanut butter sandwiches ?

Don't hold back......

There seems to be a lot of folks on here that make their living, (or partial living), from the violin world, and it is to their benefit to be so honest and open.

To paraphrase something that David Burgess once told me....."....where else can you get opinions/knowledge, and sometimes specific answers to your violin questions...from Top Makers from around the globe..."

Some of us are here to learn, and maybe once in several blue moons contribute something.

That to me is the value of this forum.

And I do appreciate your strong opinion, as you stand behind it.

But I do take exception to your sentence...."Those who resort to unsigned statements are usually a bad lot, blackmailers, political agitators and the like".

Really, now......that, in my opinion is a statement one notch above Zulu the troll....(RIP Zulu)..........

Erich Zann

Well, I'll tell ya how it is for me, ya see, if you follow the link off of my profile it leads to my stain company. In there is my real name, Jesse Goldstein, and I believe I have stated it here before. Now related to my art, I have many alter ego's and penn names, I do so because it helps me feel the part. Now related to violins everyone knows that people want to hear Jew's play them, not make them :) and that Italian's are the ones that make them, so therefore, long ago, with the inkling that I may someday try to sell them I decide it was, why, imperitive to Italianize my name. All though I recall Manfio suggesting Chinese might be the more on target nationality :) And well in the end, as my grandma used to say, "ah Jew's, Italians, what's the differece" :)

please no politically correct backlashing, I hate that crap....go watch a Mel Brooks movie, laugh awhile

ive never heard anyone say jews are lazy so my guess is a huge number of these historical makers or their apprentices were jewish, i thought that was understood, sincerely lyndon

From your username, I presume that your surname is 'York' and you are a Physician's Assistant. Correct?

If not, then your username does not disclose your true identity.

Exactly, "Glenn".

Seems to me you're pretty anonymous yourself.

Will the real "Glenn York" stand up!

:) :) B) B)

( I'm just fooling. I don't really care. :) )

Exactly, "Glenn".

Seems to me you're pretty anonymous yourself.

Will the real "Glenn York" stand up!

:) :) B) B)

( I'm just fooling. I don't really care. :) )

You have given a sensible reason for using a distracting screen name.

I don't think I'll bother responding to other people's silliness.

My screen name provides my name, location and state (with the implication I reside in the US). That's quite a lot of info to cram into 11 letters.

I'm not very computer literate so I didn't even know there was a profile page and I can't figure out how to do PMs but that all seems irrelevant to me. I just think that now Lyndon is displaying his true identity, he will be more considerate in his posts from now on.

Glenn out