Zulu the troll is dead

it has become apparent to me that in my former anonomous mode i was much less careful, more offensive etc than the old days when i used my real name taylor's fine violins etc so im back to that and ill try to be more careful about how i present myself, anonimity is addictive though look how far stradofear got before he was found out, detractors, please give me a break and ill be more courteous before i rain fire on your comment, for those of you who get or have got something out of my advice thank you its a pleasure to be of service to you sincerely zulu, i mean lyndon :)

im back to that and ill try to be more careful about how i present myself

If you care about how you present yourself, perhaps you could try capitals and punctuations? It's easier for us to read that way, too.

it has become apparent to me that in my former anonomous mode i was much less careful, more offensive etc than the old days when i used my real name taylor's fine violins etc so im back to that and ill try to be more careful about how i present myself, anonimity is addictive though look how far stradofear got before he was found out, detractors, please give me a break and ill be more courteous before i rain fire on your comment, for those of you who get or have got something out of my advice thank you its a pleasure to be of service to you sincerely zulu, i mean lyndon :)

Lyndon and Zulu: I love you provocative posts, but just try not to be patronizing all of the time. Or an asshole. With a little bit of kindness and tolerance, you will get a lot more mileage out of your rants and hopefully more reasoned responses. Part of me is angered by you, and part of me agrees. Pick on the people that can respond to your rants in a reasonable manner and match wits with you. Stop picking on the easy ones. :)

Teo

Clavichords? I play the clavichord. Mine's a Michael Thomas. Leopold Mozart said that a good clavichord sounds like a trombone in the bass and a soft violin in the treble.

wow small world, on maestronet no less, I built about 17 clavichords mostly between 1995-2002 I got up to where I was ranked in the top three american builders (out of about 25), but the pay sucked in 7 years I had a net profit of only 10,000 thats about $1/hr slave labour imho, violins are much much nicer to me. One of my early clavichords with a painted lid was used in the Steven Spielberg movie THE HAUNTING, the string breaks and hits the actress in the eye, scary thought but ironically because of it shes the only one that gets out alive, saved by the clavichord, Hollywood really fd up the clavichord spraying the inside with spray dust which i couldn't get off and dulled the sound, but the customer who rented it didn't seem to notice he was so happy to have his clavichord on the big screen etc.. By the way I use my formula 18th century Italian violin oil varnish on all my clavichord soundboards, and when I used Engelmann I also used a Pot silicate undercoat to brighten things up, I ended up switching to Tenn Red Spruce which didn't need the silicate. sincerely Lyndon :) :) :)

wow small world, on maestronet no less, I built about 17 clavichords mostly between 1995-2002 I got up to where I was ranked in the top three american builders, but the pay sucked in 7 years I had a net profit of only 10,000 thats about $1/hr slave labour imho, violins are much much nicer to me. One of my early clavichords with a painted lid was used in the Steven Spielberg movie THE HAUNTING, the string breaks and hits the actress in the eye, scary thought but ironically because of it shes the only one that gets out alive, saved by the clavichord, Hollywood really fd up the clavichord spraying the inside with spray dust which i couldn't get off and dulled the sound, but the customer who rented it didn't seem to notice he was so happy to have his clavichord on the big screen etc.. By the way I use my formula 18th century Italian violin varnish on all my clavichord soundboards, and when I used Engelmann I also used a Pot silicate undercoat to brighten things up, I ended up switching to Tenn Red Spruce which didn't need the silicate. sincerely Lyndon :) :) :)

Let us lesser beings bow down to the greatness of Lyndon and zulu, who have conquered Hollywood! You are the greatest poster on here, bar none! We are not worthy!

have you ever heard michael dartons accomplishments or jefferey holmes or peter ratcliff or magnus nedregard there are some talented people on this board my talent is 80%clavichord 20%violin, have some respect for people that have worked all their life in this buisiness, its not a popularity contest, hands down yuen wins that one imo sincerely lyndon :) :) :)

Clavichords? I play the clavichord. Mine's a Michael Thomas. Leopold Mozart said that a good clavichord sounds like a trombone in the bass and a soft violin in the treble.

And all this time I thought a clavichord was just a bone that's always getting broken. :)

There is something very sinister about people who hide behind anonymous screen names.

Glenn.

This is sort of interesting, sort of irritating.

While anonymity might be addictive, it is not a valid excuse for being irresponsibly rude. Actually, I was thinking that another "he who shall not be named" character was back amongst us.

When people were calling you a troll, they weren't kidding. As, you were being a troll.

So, I will admit to being sort of curious - why the deception? Was it in the line of an experiment - just to see how caustic you could be before getting nailed?

There is no reason to respect someone who simply shows up, makes endless random (rude) comments, and who contributes nothing much substantive, who doesn't tell anything about who they are, or what their experience is, who posts no photographs of their work, and tries, generally, just to see if they can irritate everyone.

So, again, I'm curious, why the deception, and who knew of it?

I would like to thank you for putting an end to this deception - I was getting tired of dealing with the character Zulu, popping up just to sling glib insults and contribute not much worthwhile.

Here at Maestronet, I do not believe that Jeffrey gives anyone a "free ride" for long. It is much of what I am addicted to here - the character of the site, as it is, suits me fine, which is a reflection of how well it is run by the administrators - how they are able to tread a fine line between strict control on the one hand, and allowing members individual freedom to speak their mind as long as they are serious about 'what they are about' on the other hand.

I am happy that this didn't have to travel the inevitable distance it was headed in. Was it "trying" keeping up a fictitious character? Did it (you) become someone who you really didn't feel comfortable with?

Did things start to go "too far", (start to get a bit out of your grasp?) too quickly?

Just curious.

There is something very sinister about people who hide behind anonymous screen names.

Glenn.

Yes.

While I understand the problems that can be associated with making your real identity available on the internet - I also agree with this.

The temptation to abandon all civility, with no personal risk and no personal investment, can too easily accompany complete anonimity.

So, everyone with an anonymous screen name is sinister ???

Maybe some people are just kinda shy ???

I don't see any harm as long as the person posts reasonable things, but then again my real name

isn't erich..............

E.

Yes. Everyone.

Hiding behind a mask is fine if you are in the chorus of a Greek tragedy or performing in a Japanese play, but in written form, it betrays the cowardice of anonymity - unattributable comments for which the writer takes no public responsibility.

Shyness shouldn't come into it. If you have something to say, say it and stand behind it. Those who resort to unsigned statements are usually a bad lot, blackmailers, political agitators and the like. That's why I find it sinister behavior and it has no place in any discussion on so congenial a topic as violins.

Glenn

Yes. Everyone.

Hiding behind a mask is fine if you are in the chorus of a Greek tragedy or performing in a Japanese play, but in written form, it betrays the cowardice of anonymity - unattributable comments for which the writer takes no public responsibility.

Shyness shouldn't come into it. If you have something to say, say it and stand behind it. Those who resort to unsigned statements are usually a bad lot, blackmailers, political agitators and the like. That's why I find it sinister behavior and it has no place in any discussion on so congenial a topic as violins.

Glenn

Wow. That's quite a broad brush your using. :)

I choose to remain anonymous because I need to keep distance between myself and my employer.

It would be unfair to my employer if people took what I said on this forum as the stance of his business.

What I write here are my own thoughts and opinions, and the easiest way to keep it that way is to remain anonymous.

There is nothing sinister about it. If people care about who I am, (I assume they don't) there are ways of finding out.

Wow. That's quite a broad brush your using. :)

I choose to remain anonymous because I need to keep distance between myself and my employer.

It would be unfair to my employer if people took what I said on this forum as the stance of his business.

What I write here are my own thoughts and opinions, and the easiest way to keep it that way is to remain anonymous.

There is nothing sinister about it. If people care about who I am, (I assume they don't) there are ways of finding out.

Hear, hear!

I've found that people who really want to know will ask - with enough sense to do it privately.