Sign in to follow this  
Joe Leahy

Question for Francois Denis re Strad 3D DVD

Francois

I thought I might catch you for a quick question as I saw that you had responded to a recent post.

I have drawn the "P" archtype outline following the directions in your article from the Strad 3D DVD. I have a point you may be able to clarify.

In the Contruction of the framework page, the third part of instruction six reads as follows: - "8 of these units to qq', the largest width of the upper part"

I have drawn this twice and rather than 8 units, I have used 13 units which seems to coincide with the diagram.

Can you confirm that it should read 13 rather than 8, or if not, provide a brief explanation so I can fully understand.

This may be a bit cryptic for anyone who doesn't have this article available to follow but I thought it was a good opportunity to reach you quickly. Congratulations to yourself and all involved in the project for the wealth and quality of information included in this product!

Thanks

Francois

I thought I might catch you for a quick question as I saw that you had responded to a recent post.

I have drawn the "P" archtype outline following the directions in your article from the Strad 3D DVD. I have a point you may be able to clarify.

In the Contruction of the framework page, the third part of instruction six reads as follows: - "8 of these units to qq', the largest width of the upper part"

I have drawn this twice and rather than 8 units, I have used 13 units which seems to coincide with the diagram.

Can you confirm that it should read 13 rather than 8, or if not, provide a brief explanation so I can fully understand.

This may be a bit cryptic for anyone who doesn't have this article available to follow but I thought it was a good oppotunity to reach you quickly. Congratulations to yourself and all involved in the project for the wealth and quality of information included in this product!

Thanks

Hi Joe,

You are right, it's a typo the correct ratio between pp' and qq' is 13/16=0,812

thank you for the remark. I apologize

PS: I checked the rest of the receipe and it is OK

I hope that you appreciate the elegance of the symmetrical principle . The wellknown fibbonacci's serie with the number 2-3-5-8-13 is well implemented here.

francois

Francois

Thank you very much for your response. I am finding the information in the DVD excellent and working through designing the form very helpful in understanding the principles.

Joe

Hi Joe,

You are right, it's a typo the correct ratio between pp' and qq' is 13/16=0,812

thank you for the remark. I apologize

PS: I checked the rest of the receipe and it is OK

I hope that you appreciate the elegance of the symmetrical principle . The wellknown fibbonacci's serie with the number 2-3-5-8-13 is well implemented here.

francois

2-3-5-8-13 ... here comes "le chiffre d'argent" ... c'est bien ... il y a du progrès :)

Hi Tom,

I not sure if I understand you correctly. Do you mean that I'm in progres; being at the state of the "nombre d'argent" I will be soon a supporter of the "nombre d'or"?

francois