Maestronet Forums

Corelli Crystal Strings

fiddleD125

Thanks.

I have heard that Corelli Crystal have a good E string. How would they compare in power and volume as to Tonica or Dominant?

I would say about the same in terms of power. I put a set of Tonica (new formula) on the same fiddle after the crystals, but i think I prefer the Crystals. I agree about the E string being good.

• 3 weeks later...

I put a set of Corelli Crystals on my Rudolf Doetsch violin last night about 9:00. They weren't stable by 9:00 this morning, but they were getting pretty close. My initial impressions (which will almost certainly change) is that they produce a warm tone on an instrument I think of as being quite clear. The e string is surprisingly good (at least so far). I was detecting a fuzziness and slow response when I first put them on last nigh, but both were substantially reduced by this morning. My expectation is that both of those will clear up quickly.

Elaine

Norman, OK

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks, they seem to be mostly settled in. I like these strings quite a bit, especially considering the price. They are reasonably powerful but add real warmth to my Doetsch. They aren't the most complex strings I've ever played, and they don't have the fastest response. Even so, they produce a nice sound with a pleasant character, are quite even (the e is a bit bright), seem reasonably tonically stable and settled in fairly quickly.

Elaine

Norman, OK

So far I am liking the Crystals. They aren't fabulous, but they are definitely a solid choice -- at least after a week.

Elaine

Norman, OK

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone had any experience with Corelli Crystal violin strings? If so, what do you think of them?

I am thinking of trying a set.

Crystal are very good strings compared price/quality . They sound rich, no need of lot a time to play before to receive the best sound quality form the new set. The negative- they are not so durable. Be very carefull especially with A string when you instal it on the instrument.