++++++++++++++

Lymond,

Are you a computer? (No, I am not) :)

Would a computer write in rhyming verse

would a looter stop to return a purse

would a scooter tailgate a mourning hearse

would a tutor before his students curse

Nope.

Im a violin student and i dont really find the word song to be offensive at all. English is not my main language so maybe the ideas that come to my mind when i hear ''song'' are diferent. Its ignorance yes but unless they claim to have knowledge, i dont see the problem. Lets be honest, how many people this days who refer to them by theyr proper name like sonata, concertino, fugue, etc. know the theory behind them? (none of this knowledge is available at regular schools either) Anyways, just by looking at youtube you can find much more irritating things than people calling Beethoven's 9th a song :)

Here's the kind of stuff I'm talking about (see below). You have to think this is funny; if you don't, you have no sense of humor:

• Open Question: What is the name of this violin music? I don't know where it's from or how to explain it but it sounds dramatic. Any guesses you might have would be helpful. =] (Ed. note: no link included in question)

• Open Question: need a new classical violin song to learn. any suggestions? Just for background: ive been playing for 12 years. some songs im learning are : bach partita III, bruch concerto, mozart concerto V, rode caprices

• Open Question: songs for the violin? ok well i dont take violin lessons any more cuz my skool doesnt have them so i was wondering if anyone new any websites with songs on them but no too hard ons and not too easy thx!!!!!

from Humorous Questions

http://beststudentviolins.com/Quik_FAQ.html#Humor

Note: In case anyone cares to suggest that these are anecdotal examples, that would be true if these examples were evident only a few times in every few days. But let me disabuse you of that notion. YahooAnswers has a function whereby you can request an RSS feed on a word or phrase. I have RSS feeds on violin, viola, piano, orchestra and musicology. There are hundreds of such ill-conceived missives, every single day.

Does it bother me that most people appear not to be able to spell, follow simple rules of grammar, or think logically? There's not much I can do about it, so no.

Does it bother you?

"Does it bother me that most people appear not to be able to spell, follow simple rules of grammar, or think logically? There's not much I can do about it, so no.

Does it bother you? "

While I try not to be personally annoyed at the remarkable reproductive rate of morons, and limit my intercourse with them to monosyllables, and so am not actually "bothered", I have to say that I do find it rather disconcerting. Fortunately I'll be departing this planet in the forseeable future, so I'll be spared watching its fate unfold as it is given into the hands of people who appear not to be able to spell, follow simple rules of grammar, or think logically.

Presumably those left behind will be unable to discern any difference in the world as they know it, so no harm, no foul.

Enjoy life in the Bozo Zone, youngsters.

>>While I try not to be personally annoyed at the remarkable reproductive rate of morons, and limit my intercourse with them to monosyllables, and so am not actually "bothered", I have to say that I do find it rather disconcerting. Fortunately I'll be departing this planet in the forseeable future, so I'll be spared watching its fate unfold as it is given into the hands of people who appear not to be able to spell, follow simple rules of grammar, or think logically.

Bob, you're not ill? It sounds like you might be. I hope not! (???)

Morons and schoolyard bullies are always in good supply. I may have overstated my case for effect. But don't those particular three missives seem funny?

>>While I try not to be personally annoyed at the remarkable reproductive rate of morons, and limit my intercourse with them to monosyllables, and so am not actually "bothered", I have to say that I do find it rather disconcerting. Fortunately I'll be departing this planet in the forseeable future, so I'll be spared watching its fate unfold as it is given into the hands of people who appear not to be able to spell, follow simple rules of grammar, or think logically.

Bob, you're not ill? It sounds like you might be. I hope not! (???)

Morons and schoolyard bullies are always in good supply. I may have overstated my case for affect. But don't those particular three missives seem funny?

+++++++++++++++++++

Schoolyard Bullies are always in good supply. So are other pretty things too. To show you some pic. to make my point.

Enjoy as you can. Soon it will be deleted. Who knows?

post-5682-1259157013.jpg

post-5682-1259157053.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++

Schoolyard Bullies are always in good supply. So are other pretty things too. To show you some pic. to make my point.

Enjoy as you can. Soon it will be deleted. Who knows?

I love the Renoir. Surely no one will remove it. Interesting how that back view looks like a violin, yes?

"Bob, you're not ill? It sounds like you might be. I hope not! (???)"

Thanks for the good wishes. Just old age and the difficulty of tiptoeing through shattered illusions and broken promises. Shreds the souls of one's feet, don't you know.

Actually, playing the Curmudgeon on these boards is one of life's enduring pleasures.