Maestronet Forums

In China, they get you coming and going :-)

bean_fidhleir

From my experience, Chinese tools are not so "grete"

I like my HongKong-made cleaver very much -it holds a nice edge- but looking at those closeups I don't think those tools are up to my cleaver's standard. Those look like they've come straight from the junkyard, no messing.

What I found funny was that they recycled one of their fiddle adverts without apparently quite realising that they'd left part of the old text in.

Many years ago I read that at the start of the Cultural Revolution there was a comprehensive sweep across the country to round up any iron implements that could be melted down and reused in approved ways.

Unfortunately, the processing was defective and the resulting materials were useless.

The newspaper article ended with a piquant note reflecting on this massive country that had been left without simple farming tools that could be used for food production.

From that time on I have not trusted the quality of Chinese iron and steel.

Many years ago I read that at the start of the Cultural Revolution there was a comprehensive sweep across the country to round up any iron implements that could be melted down and reused in approved ways.

Unfortunately, the processing was defective and the resulting materials were useless.

The newspaper article ended with a piquant note reflecting on this massive country that had been left without simple farming tools that could be used for food production.

From that time on I have not trusted the quality of Chinese iron and steel.

I think they are quite a large importer of our own scrap steel.