Maestronet Forums

IHS

tomroth

Well, to be clearer, my communication dealt with my feelings about Catholicism and organized religions, not specifically the word "brainwashing". Nevertheless, I'm genuinely fascinated by the ideas in that last sentence. I wonder if that means to you what it means to me. . . . probably not the proper place to get into it, though.

Probably not. You'll also probably keep in mind that it's just about impossible to sum up one's work in one last sentence, so I appreciate your patience and kindness in your response.

Probably not. You'll also probably keep in mind that it's just about impossible to sum up one's work in one last sentence, so I appreciate your patience and kindness in your response.

There are four things the well bred do not discuss in public:

1. Sex

2. Politics

3. Religion

4. Varnish

Can we return to number 4 now?

Tim

PS - "Such is life" are reputed to be the last words of Ned Kelly

Having been born, raised, educated, sacramentized, and now trained as a theologian and junior cleric, I am obligated to disagree with your counter-assessment. However, the leftist majority of me applauds the texture you bring to the community.

Ah, I believe I just figured out who you are.

Am I right? Have we met? :)

Mr Burgess,

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting any of you. I guess both you and Mr. Darnton know somebody similar.

My mistake. I met a hyper-intelligent guy; a theological wizard (to me, a preacher's kid); trained along the Catholic priesthood track; in the violin business, who I had some fascinating discussions with.