Aegidius Klotz cello

Hello again, I came across this Aegidius Klotz cello of 1795. I'm trying to do some leg work myself to try and pin a possible maker to my cello. I'm not savy in these things, what are your opinions. Were these "f" holes and scrolls cut by the same hand. I know my cello was made during the later part of the 18th century, possible beginning of first decade of 19th. Aegidius Klotz died approx 1807. I respect your imput, its always a learning experience for me.

post-28921-1246823611_thumb.jpg

post-28921-1246823645_thumb.jpg

post-28921-1246823681_thumb.jpg

post-28921-1246823711_thumb.jpg

post-28921-1246823855_thumb.jpg

post-28921-1246823938_thumb.jpg

Agreed that the silhouette is seemingly much different. Same hand, different template? Also, the camera angles and different lenses aren't helping.

How are things going with the restoration of this cello?

Thanks for the imput ibukard. Restoration is waiting on the shops to take on the tasks at hand. I am in line probably start next month

• 7 years later...

It's been 7 years since I first posted to this site. Some of you will remember the Klotz cello in need of restoration. The restoration  began approx 1 year  ago by Paul Perley. It should be ready in approx 45 days. We had to replace the bottom rib, I have it for future restoration. When it's all said and done restoration plus cost of instrument should amount to $17,000. I will post pictures soon

23 hours ago, cheleno said:

It's been 7 years since I first posted to this site. Some of you will remember the Klotz cello in need of restoration. The restoration  began approx 1 year  ago by Paul Perley. It should be ready in approx 45 days. We had to replace the bottom rib, I have it for future restoration. When it's all said and done restoration plus cost of instrument should amount to $17,000. I will post pictures soon

Remember it well..