Maestronet Forums

Stanley Potts' return

Ken Pollard

I received my June issue of Strad magazine yesterday, and it's still May. Being far out in the sagebrush, I'm usually among the last to receive it. Naturally from the discussion here I knew there was another varnish story, always welcome, but I was happily surprised to find a new Stanley Potts column.

Very nice. I hope we see more of them.

Also a story on a fiddle by some fellow, Giuseppe 'Filius Andreae' Guarneri. Looked ok to me.

i dunno about that evil alcohol...but did someone say pot?....or even better the plural...pott's :)

"evil alcohol"

ach! rubbish!

Hot day - cold beer, a dip in the stock tank - sweet!

Mind you, I don't condone what you're implying, jezzupe. No, not at all, at least, not in todays politically correct climate, where the pendulum seems to be swinging just a tad to far to the right.

But - I think you'd love the American Southwest, 364 and three quarter days of sunshine a year... and a long season of rainy afternoons during the "monsoon" season.

Yse, one can grow to love this climate.

Well, by 'single malt', I was referring to a fine whisky. But a cold beer while seated in the stock tank, particularly on a hot day like today, works for me. After a few, I think we would be able to clearly understand the details of Ace spar varnish and square corners. At least we should be able to solve a few of the problems to our satisfaction.

Craig -- is your stock tank round or oval?

Well, by 'single malt', I was referring to a fine whisky. But a cold beer while seated in the stock tank, particularly on a hot day like today, works for me. After a few, I think we would be able to clearly understand the details of Ace spar varnish and square corners. At least we should be able to solve a few of the problems to our satisfaction.

Craig -- is your stock tank round or oval?

See the 'take a picture from your shop window' thread - the last two posts. There is my stock tank with some live stock...

Round, then, and a good herd you have there.

I think the size is about right. Much taller than that, and the white plastic chairs float out of the way when you stand up to grab a second beer. A great deal of worth could be discussed in such surroundings.

Best of the Saturday afternoon to you.....

Oh dear. Are we going to have to add a disclaimer to Stanley's diary? 'The Strad advocates sensible drinking. Always enjoy single malts responsibly...'

Ariane, we're violin people, the pinnacle of sensibility! Even our stock tanks are geometrically sensible.

As to responsibly, you can see many examples of measured response in the various threads here.

Not to worry.

Cheers all around,

Ken

Ariane, we're violin people, the pinnacle of sensibility! Even our stock tanks are geometrically sensible.

As to responsibly, you can see many examples of measured response in the various threads here.

Not to worry.

Cheers all around,

Ken

Everytime I uncork the jug I get held responsible for something or other. :)