Sign in to follow this  
arglebargle

Peg hole layout

Thanks Argle!

You sure are a great guy. So helpful and smart.

Hey I'll second that!

Andrew Finnigan & Pia Klaembt

I don't see anywhere at his site a link or download for his article.

Nice web-site though.

It's okay to talk to yourself, and to answer yourself, just don't get caught fighting with yourself, like these guys because that is one fight you will never win! :)

When following such schemes I always find that I end up with the A-hole (if you'll pardon the expression) a bit too high.

More then once I found myself needing to bush my A-hole.

The key is to make sure your bushing stock fits tightly into your A-hole,

or else it may pop out with use. And be sure to lubricate your bushed A-hole, else the pegs will slip out, or even worse, lock up. :)

Oh! And don't force the bushing into your A-hole, it may crack it! Then you'll need even more bushing.

ewwww.

When following such schemes I always find that I end up with the A-hole (if you'll pardon the expression) a bit too high.

Okay we won't touch that one out of respect for a Senior Maestronetter status! :)

In the article Andrew just mentions that the hole for the A-peg ( sometimes referred to as the A-hole ) is just above center, but does not say how much.

He does say not too much to avoid a crack in your A-hole!

Oppps! That was a slip! B) I mean A-peg, not A-hole! Scratch that! Opps! B) Not again, okay don't scratch that! :)

The G-hole is in the middle 12 to 14 mm from the nut.

The E-hole is 1 mm below line that connects the 'A-peg spot to the nut base pegbox junction', and the D-hole is 1/2 mm below that same line.

I hope that gets your A-peg right! B) B) :) :) B) B)

Okay we won't touch that one out of respect for a Senior Maestronetter status! :)

In the article Andrew just mentions that the hole for the A-peg ( sometimes referred to as the A-hole ) is just above center, but does not say how much.

He does say not too much to avoid a crack in your A-hole!

Oppps! That was a slip! B) I mean A-peg, not A-hole! Scratch that! Opps! B) Not again, okay don't scratch that! :)

The G-hole is in the middle 12 to 14 mm from the nut.

The E-hole is 1 mm below line that connects the 'A-peg spot to the nut base pegbox junction', and the D-hole is 1/2 mm below that same line.

I hope that gets your A-peg right! B) B) :) :) B) B)

The thing is that, with that method, placing the A-peghole (how's that for clean and precise terminology) as described can sometimes, depending upon the size and design of the pegbox, push the E and/or D-pegholes perilously close to the pegbox floor - sometimes I ended up almost wishing there was a cellar below the floor.