What does it say

I hope someone can decipher the writing inside this instrument. It probably only I'D's the repair person. Looks to me like a slavic language, Its just another piece of the puzzle I'm trying to put together.

I'll take a crack at it. It is indeed Slavic. It is someone's name phonetically translated to say "Sergeii Ljuebskii".

Cheleno,

I concur with Bronko's transliteration of the name also,that is only part that actually downloads for me. I can read a couple languages that use the Cyrillic alphabet and would like to help. Would it be possible to post a smaller picture that can download without error?

blessings

koshpendi

I hope someone can decipher the writing inside this instrument. It probably only I'D's the repair person. Looks to me like a slavic language, Its just another piece of the puzzle I'm trying to put together.

Well thanks to all that attepted a translation of the writing found inside my cello top. A guy at work who at one time in was in U S Army intelligence said he's rusty but came up with the following

"Sergei Buyevski"

"Cracks on upper deck and обачай фўтор on upper deck"

"Moscow 1937"

Nothing special here unless someone can shed light on Sergei Buyevski in Moscow