Maestronet Forums

Take a picture out your workshop window!

Marcos Schmitz

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Doug, no views from the workshop itself. It does have one tiny window, but it's not for looking out of, just for letting a bit of light in (not much). I work mostly at night, anyway. So here's a picture from my bedroom window, showing my half-dead cherry tree and soccer (football) game in progress in the park behind. The second shot is of this afternoon's project, putting up a pair of poles for trellises for my hop plants...

post-24261-1241386294_thumb.jpg

post-24261-1241386302_thumb.jpg

Taken about 5 minutes ago this rainy North Georgia evening. First is the shop showing window placement. One of them is more my angle of view. I have three beautiful Japanese maples on my property. One is there next to the porch. I'm very fortunate to have a basement shop that they still managed to squeeze a window into!

post-1095-1241388368_thumb.jpg

post-1095-1241388382_thumb.jpg

post-1095-1241388394_thumb.jpg

post-1095-1241388405_thumb.jpg

post-1095-1241388416_thumb.jpg

I think I'm going to have the photos by Martina, C.B., and Dean printed up large, then hang them on my workshop wall, so I won't feel so deprived... :) (oh, and maybe put in a periscope...)

Print Martina's "soundpost dancer" from a recent thread. It's worked well for me so far. :)

OK, since this has escalated into fabulousviewsfromsomewherevaguelyclosetoyour workshop window, I'll add mine. This is a half-hour hike up the hill that you can see from my workshop window... so, if I were to put a gigantic mirror at the top of the hill, this is the view I could get from my workshop window:

post-25192-1241447341_thumb.jpg

My house is in the rectangle, the garage of which is my workshop.

Hi Jacob,

Your window is much nicer than mine...and clean too. But, the clothesline is much closer. Those violins are cellos.

This thread was a great idea.

onwego,

Joe

Oops - sorry, I can't open photos that size on this forum, so I just peered at the thumbnails. I kind of didn't expect cellos hanging on a washing line anyway :)