Sign in to follow this  
A. C. Fairbanks

Luthier suggestions near S.E. New Hampshire...?

Contact Marianne Ganzer at Johnson String Instrument.

I think that Johnson only works on instruments they sold or for long-time customers. You could try Renaissance Strings in Nottingham (I think.) or me. I'm just outside Concord.

Contact Marianne Ganzer at Johnson String Instrument.

Google for them.

Mike

Yeah, Marianne impressed me too. If she can't do the work herself for some reason, she'll be able to recommend other resources. :)

Yeah, Marianne impressed me too. If she can't do the work herself for some reason, she'll be able to recommend other resources. :)

Marianne does beautiful work.

Hello to all,

I am located in Southeastern New Hampshire and would value recommendations for high quality luthiers within a reasonable drive of my home territory.

Sincere thanks for any suggestions,

A.C.

Do you want a reference for making or repair/restoration? The names already mentioned are good and there are a number of makers in the northern New England area. I think there was a thread about makers in that area recently.

Later edit: I just found this reference to the thread on New England makers: http://www.maestronet.com/forum/index.php?...land,AND,makers

A couple of years ago, I found that Johnson Strings wouldn't work on instruments they hadn't sold. That may have changed since then.

I do recommend that you avoid Bradford, NH. I could have made the restoration myself, faster and better. :)

I do recommend that you avoid Bradford, NH. I could have made the restoration myself, faster and better. :)

And please note that I am in Hopkinton -- not Bradford.

And please note that I am in Hopkinton -- not Bradford.

Sorry Brad, I didn't name names but I sure didn't mean for you to get caught in the net. I've heard nothing but good things about your work. Unfortunately for me, it was after I had the work done on my instrument.

Yes, Stacy Stiles is another good suggestion.

Mike

That's Styles with a Y! and Stacey with an e! I am happy to address any repair or restoration concerns. I have a listing at afvbm.com for more info.