Sign in to follow this  
Gray Violiner

Wow! Long Time, No Maestronet!

Hi everyone. I thought Mnet had died and gone to rosin heaven until I got a friends request from Lymond this morning. (HI LYMOND!!)

I've been on the DL list for over two years now due to three back surgeries (yes count them, THREE) and am still on medical leave from #3. Isn't life special? :)

Strange that Lymond shows up in my email box and pointed me back here this morning. I literally had my first lesson back at the violin this week since all this nonsense started two years ago. It's nice to be here again, as this was my first forum home going WAY back to 1995. OMG, has it been that long? I'm getting old... :)

Good to see some familiar faces back here, yes even KEN!! Hi guy! icon12.gif

Hi guys! I just did my first practice in basically 2 years. Can you say OUCH???? The ouch in the back is a given, but my left shoulder?? Ouch!

Funny thing, I would have thought it would be my left hand that had gone to hell, but my bow arm is the problem child. I'm squeaking, bouncing and yowling like a Book 1 Suzuki student.

Any good tips from the seasoned pros on how the heck to get your bow arm back after a two year layoff? Yeah, I know: practice, practice, practice. :) Seriously, any particular etudes or tunes that might be helpful would be appreciated.

Boy, GV, and I glad to see you back! I've missed your pertinence! (Not to mention im-pertincece.) You are tough, too - good luck!! Shirley

hey GV good to have you back here and regime change at home. it is like christmas. here you are and we finally seem to be the compassionate and brave country I thought we were when i was 6. xoxo

even KEN!! Hi guy! icon12.gif

Greetings Gray Violiner,

It's good to see the gang back at the corral. Who knows, even the Phantom may stop by to grace our gathering. How about trying some 'one minute bows' to help gain control and to ease back into playing? Stay with it and best wishes.

Your Friend,

Ken

hey GV good to have you back here and regime change at home. it is like christmas. here you are and we finally seem to be the compassionate and brave country I thought we were when i was 6. xoxo

How, exactly, is this divisive blather relevant?

Welcome back, Gray Violiner. Best wishes on your recovery.

Rat

How, exactly, is this divisive blather relevant?

Rat

You are right, it was divisive to express my pleasure in our new president in this forum...on the other hand it did pull the "rat" out of the wood work. :) Good to see you too.

CHEERS!

You are right, it was divisive to express my pleasure in our new president in this forum...on the other hand it did pull the "rat" out of the wood work. :) Good to see you too.

CHEERS!

Too funny, Outside!!!

Nice to see everyone here again! :)

good to see you back, Grey. Hope you're recovering nicely & all the best with getting back into playing. What's new in violining since 1995? Well I'd definitely suggest that you check out Simon Fischer's books 'Basics' & 'Practice' ... he's about to publish a third one too.

Maybe also get yourself signed up at ViolinMasterClass.com .....lotsa useful stuff there.

ps- check yer inbox

i just popped onto maestronet for rehair advice.

amazing to see so many familiar names still...though i looked up a few of my favorite oldies and saw a number of them hadn't been on since early last year (what happened?)

and to realize its been probably 5 years since i posted here. yeesh. (and that amazingly, my then-relatively-new-to-the-scene evahs from 2004 still hold pitch. how sick is that?)

Hi everyone. I thought Mnet had died and gone to rosin heaven until I got a friends request from Lymond this morning. (HI LYMOND!!)

I've been on the DL list for over two years now due to three back surgeries (yes count them, THREE) and am still on medical leave from #3. Isn't life special? :)

Strange that Lymond shows up in my email box and pointed me back here this morning. I literally had my first lesson back at the violin this week since all this nonsense started two years ago. It's nice to be here again, as this was my first forum home going WAY back to 1995. OMG, has it been that long? I'm getting old... :)

Good to see some familiar faces back here, yes even KEN!! Hi guy! icon12.gif

I've always loved you and your sexy Aussie friends :)

Hey GV! Yes I got an invitation from an old member as well. I haven't been here in at least 3 years...if not longer.

I remember the old days - the controversy, the craziness, Dave and Connie and Fubby...

Good to see the place is still here. Seems pretty tame, though.

Without the soapbox, it is very tame.

; )

But no Maestronet re-unions anymore, with Kevin Huang (HKV).

Very very quiet, too.

(I too, am an old member but with a new username).

Nice to see all your familiar faces again, but it's not all of them.

It's more fiddle makers and fixers than players these days. I may be the last one around that showed up at that HKV meet up. Violin boards don't seem to get much traffic these days. The best thing about Maestronet has always been the diversity of the posters from professionals to students and adult beginners with both classical players and fiddlers.