Sign in to follow this  
mayofiddler6

bestviolins ebay "Italian" violin

This guy is a fraud, which I have proof of, and there is a thread here on the auction scroll about this fraud.

http://www.maestronet.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=319449

I don't think this is bestviolins, too primative, very poor at covering his tracks.

This guy is a fraud, which I have proof of, and there is a thread here on the auction scroll about this fraud.

I don't think this is bestviolins, too primative, very poor at covering his tracks.

Luthier and zefir68, you guys may be onto something. In the Tarisio December 2008 auction, the high bidders for Lot 180 and Lot 52 happened to be the same, by strange coincidence. See if these links still work. If they don't, try googling Tarisio "Dominique Henry" and click on the link with Lot 52 in it.

Lot 180 unlabeled violin

http://www.tarisio.com/pages/auction/aucti...36&ID=16787

Lot 52 Dominique Henry bow

http://www.tarisio.com/pages/auction/aucti...36&ID=16709

So, either he is lying or you are, since his description states that the violin comes from his "late father's estate"

We are (at lest me) awaiting for a reply...

We are (at lest me) awaiting for a reply...

Are you waiting for my reply? The case is very clear to me. The violin was purchased at Tarisio, was sent there by me. I had replied to a different thread here on MN, and put up a picture of it, here's the link:

http://www.maestronet.com/forum/index.php?...18133&st=20

This picture was posted on sept 21, 08, well before the Tarisio auction, and the ebay auction for the violin. It proves it was in my possession at the time. It was not in der_singende_hund 's father's estate, the "masterviolinist". According to Tarisio's description, it was unlabeled at the time of the sale.

I don't see how anyone could have any doubts this was a fraud, and the guy is still putting up violins there for sale, all from his "masterviolinist" father's estate.

Is there a link between the two (bestviolins)? They live in the same city...

As to the bow, where's the connection? Maybe I have missed something here. Has it also been put up for auction, or sold from the masterviolinist's father's estate?

Thanks violinfan! I was unable to find the lot 180 auction results.

I also saved the pictures from the ebay auction, taken with a Canon EOS 5D, if anyone is interested.

I sell some my instruments directly to dealers from hannover, for example to "der-singende-hund". By the way, she is a nice women :)

So she's lying when she said it was her father's violin. Good to know.

So why does a "nice woman" knowingly misrepresent a violin she's selling on ebay, as from her father's estate (the violin was sold by Tarisio Dec. 17th 08 http://www.tarisio.com/pages/auction/aucti...36&ID=16787 ), with a fraudulent label? And if she is a "nice woman", why did she need to delete all the pictures of the violin, once she was tipped off that there is a thread about the eBay auction right here:

I'd like to know who put the label in it, you, or her, or someone else? She lied about the provenance, which is fraud.

And if she is a "nice woman", why did she need to delete all the pictures of the violin, once she was tipped off that there is a thread about the eBay auction right here:

All the pictures, of course, except the one of the ff's, which clearly show that it's the same instrument. It's tough sometimes when those pesky jpeg's stick around...

In this particular case, it's not like there's thousands being made on this violin. Buying for $416 (hammer plus premium), plus shipping (or travel to New York from Germany), only nets a profit of maybe $300. It hardly seems worth it to try and purport the instrument as anything other than what it is.

All the pictures, of course, except the one of the ff's, which clearly show that it's the same instrument. It's tough sometimes when those pesky jpeg's stick around...

In this particular case, it's not like there's thousands being made on this violin. Buying for $416 (hammer plus premium), plus shipping (or travel to New York from Germany), only nets a profit of maybe $300. It hardly seems worth it to try and purport the instrument as anything other than what it is.

960 Euro is currently over $1200, which ends up being a larger profit than $300. This isn't about making money on the sale of a violin, though. It's about fraud and misrepresentation. The seller would have been lucky to get the investment back, if it were not for the fraudulent label.

By the way, the images in the listing were color edited as well.

960 Euro is currently over $1200, which ends up being a larger profit than $300. This isn't about making money on the sale of a violin, though. It's about fraud and misrepresentation. The seller would have been lucky to get the investment back, if it were not for the fraudulent label.

By the way, the images in the listing were color edited as well.

Are all of you violin experts BRAIN DEAD? bestviolins is a CON MAN!!!!!! It's what he does for living.

He doesn't try to hide being a con man at all!! I actually applaud him for doing such a fine job serving capitalism over here in America. Alexander, You may not know it, But you are a vital part of Joey Darwin's "Theory of Financial Selectivity" Which is: People who are too stupid to have money should be fleeced by people smarter than them.

Alexander, I would love to meet you and buy you a drink. You are helping America get rid of the "stupider end of the intelligence scale"!! Is STUPIDER a word?

There are many old American truism"s that apply here. "a fool and his money are soon parted" , " No one ever lost money underestimating the taste of the American public" , " There is a fool born every minute", and it seems that most of them follow EBAY thinking that con artists like bestviolins, Malibu Music, Eboy and countless others, are really going to sell them a rare Italian violin worth millions for little or nothing!

Sorry about the spelling and punctuation errors. And by the way, If you have any money left over after buying rare French and Italian violins on EBAY, I have shares for sale in a large bridge, I can't divulge the name of the bridge, but it is in the New York metropolitan area.

"Are all of you violin experts BRAIN DEAD?"

What makes you think anyone here is a violin expert?

+++++++++++++++++++

Gee, it is a hard time to be a violin expert. Lucky I am not. (Dracula, be kind to our violin experts)

"Dracula chow mein"? Is the name supposed to imply that most of these violins come from Romania and China? They are NOT Italian, German or even Tyrolean instruments that come from estates of fathers that were professional violinists and they are set up by luthiers that make the instruments sing like gorillas coming out of the mists of the Black Forest? :)

Luthier and zefir68, you guys may be onto something. In the Tarisio December 2008 auction, the high bidders for Lot 180 and Lot 52 happened to be the same, by strange coincidence. See if these links still work. If they don't, try googling Tarisio "Dominique Henry" and click on the link with Lot 52 in it.

Lot 180 unlabeled violin

http://www.tarisio.com/pages/auction/aucti...36&ID=16787

Lot 52 Dominique Henry bow

http://www.tarisio.com/pages/auction/aucti...36&ID=16709

Hello, yes, i bought this two lots, you are right. I wrote about this yesterday .

"I was waiting for "bestviolins" reply.

I sell some my instruments directly to dealers from hannover, for example to "der-singende-hund". By the way, she is a nice women smile.gif"

You consider that have dug out the swindler?

Guys, i do not know what you really want ??? About D.Henry bow, i have not returned this fake bow to tarisio, because there are NO REFUND POLICY.

Are all of you violin experts BRAIN DEAD? bestviolins is a CON MAN!!!!!! It's what he does for living.

He doesn't try to hide being a con man at all!! I actually applaud him for doing such a fine job serving capitalism over here in America. Alexander, You may not know it, But you are a vital part of Joey Darwin's "Theory of Financial Selectivity" Which is: People who are too stupid to have money should be fleeced by people smarter than them.

Alexander, I would love to meet you and buy you a drink. You are helping America get rid of the "stupider end of the intelligence scale"!! Is STUPIDER a word?

There are many old American truism"s that apply here. "a fool and his money are soon parted" , " No one ever lost money underestimating the taste of the American public" , " There is a fool born every minute", and it seems that most of them follow EBAY thinking that con artists like bestviolins, Malibu Music, Eboy and countless others, are really going to sell them a rare Italian violin worth millions for little or nothing!

Sorry about the spelling and punctuation errors. And by the way, If you have any money left over after buying rare French and Italian violins on EBAY, I have shares for sale in a large bridge, I can't divulge the name of the bridge, but it is in the New York metropolitan area.

Guys, i know who will reply on your questions - dracula chow mein! I think he knows much more about me as i am :)

Now serious:

I will not accept charges from some members of this forum anymore. If want - ask directly. Everyone know where me to find. Good luck!

Guys, i know who will reply on your questions - dracula chow mein! I think he knows much more about me as i am :)

Now serious:

I will not accept charges from some members of this forum anymore. If want - ask directly. Everyone know where me to find. Good luck!

I am sorry if I have made you angry, Mr. Beresnitsky. I respect what you are doing on EBAY.

Anyone that spends thousands of dollars on EBAY for fake Rare Italian or French violins , made yesterday in Romania or China , Gets exactly what they deserve!

And bestviolins deserves every cent that it receives from these "Fantacy Island" violin connisseur's.

Don't give up yet, Mr Beresnitsky, Check out the other threads in The Auction Scroll.

There are numerous others wondering every day if the "POGGI", or "FINOLLI", or hundreds of others show , "The hand of Millenese makers" , or "Exhibit the characteristics of Bolzano makers" or similar foolish drivel!

Let's just keep it between you and I that it's all Romanian and Chinese junk, That there are exactly 0 Old, Rare , Italian or French violins that are now or were ever for sale on EBAY!

Seriously, I wish you the best of luck selling these violins, Mr. Beresnitsky, You richly deserve everything that you get from your endeavor, and the buyers richly deserve what they get!

In America, we have another saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, IT IS !!!!!"

GOD BLESS, and VIVA ITALIA!!

Now serious:

When it is all said and done, Bestviolins violins approach low retail prices. With all his the borrowed rhetoric, misleading attritional's, the final sale price of the violin is hardy staggering.

I have seen mediocre Chinese violins being sold by well known dealer/ makers for $1,800.

Complete with a new Chinese case, Chinese bow and a re-label shop label. Real Junk!

I know other dealers that show the same violin to different customers based on the stated budget.

The same violin should be $800 to $2,000 depending upon what the customer can afford.

And of course, the shops with beautiful showrooms laden with fine antique furniture, fine antique violins

at breathtaking prices but mostly selling lesser violins at premium prices.

I think the Bestviolin is "kickin it old school" using a hi-tech approach--Ebay with a traditional European sell technique. The example shown at started this post was an 200 year German violin that sold for $1,200.

How much would a brick and mortar violin dealer charge for that violin?

For me, the question still remains, who put the Chiocchi label in the violin?

Der singende hund. Luthier, you will now sad (and i am also)! The violin you sold on tarisio was an original Thomas Kennedy, London appr. 1820-30.

It doesn't resemble a Thomas Kennedy at all. The only resemblance is that he made violins, and what I sold was also a violin.

I do have a nice Chinese that you might be able to pass on as a Kennedy, as long as you don't let the buyer get closer than 10 feet. The corners are very similar, with a slight overhang of the ribs, and the general outline is similar. It's been stripped of it's varnish, so you could get a finish on it that is the right color. Interested?

On second thought, 10 feet would be too close, maybe 25?...or ebay

Oh, I forgot to mention, there's no label in it, so it would be no problem putting in another one.

Never dealt with this guy...but, the Ebay distance thing sword cuts both ways. I've gotten a couple of real steals

on there because the photos were so lousy the violins LOOKED like Chinese junk.

well, coinsidentaly I was looking for a full size violin for my son on ebay and came across bestviolins listings. I wish I could go to a violin shop and have my son try several violins, but we don't have a decent shop around here and financially, we just can't afford thousands of dollars right now for a violin. So, I need someone's honest opinion. I don't care if it's a fake Italian or German. But are these violins decent quality as far as the pictures show? They certainly look beautiful although I don't have vast knowledge in judging good violins. I can tell some bad ones to a certain degree like really cheap ones. My biggest concern is the quality and the sound. I don't expect ones being top quality as good as the violins that cost thousands of dollars when I only pay hundreds, but are they decent enough for my son to play for several years until we can afford buying better ones for him? Your input will be greatly appreciate it.

well, coinsidentaly I was looking for a full size violin for my son on ebay and came across bestviolins listings. I wish I could go to a violin shop and have my son try several violins, but we don't have a decent shop around here and financially, we just can't afford thousands of dollars right now for a violin. So, I need someone's honest opinion. I don't care if it's a fake Italian or German. But are these violins decent quality as far as the pictures show? They certainly look beautiful although I don't have vast knowledge in judging good violins. I can tell some bad ones to a certain degree like really cheap ones. My biggest concern is the quality and the sound. I don't expect ones being top quality as good as the violins that cost thousands of dollars when I only pay hundreds, but are they decent enough for my son to play for several years until we can afford buying better ones for him? Your input will be greatly appreciate it.

++++++++++++

Would a John Juzek violin satisfy your son's need? Please be aware that I am not an expert.

I have heard Czeck violins are quite good. I hope I am not wrong (this time? :) )