Sign in to follow this  
catnip

Amati Books

I ordered 2 violin making books from Amati Books back on Jan 3. Other than a confirmation email on Jan 3, I have not heard from them despite my recent phone message and email. Are they on vacation? Has anyone else had dealings with Amati books?

I ordered 2 violin making books from Amati Books back on Jan 3. Other than a confirmation email on Jan 3, I have not heard from them despite my recent phone message and email. Are they on vacation? Has anyone else had dealings with Amati books?

You need patience with Amati books.

I have the impression it's a one man show (Christian Zenz). I placed an order once and sent a money order but it was a couple of months and many phone calls before I received the goods.

Glenn

I ordered "The Voller Brothers" book from Christian. Somehow the order slipped through the cracks initially. I think it was between trade shows as I recall. He promptly called back to follow up on the order, and was more than gracious. He even sent a small bonus as an apology. As I recall, he even called a month or so later just to see how I was enjoying the book. The fifteen minute phone conversation about fiddles was nearly as enjoyable as the book. Although we have become accustomed to "Amazon speed", I still enjoy the personal touch from time to time.

All I can say is that if you needed something hard to find or in limited number, Christian is the type of person that in my dealings will scour much ground trying to get it for you. He does travel back and forth to Europe and your order might have been delayed or backordered. I would give him a call and find out what is up, he was always most helpful to me.

Mike

All I can say is that if you needed something hard to find or in limited number, Christian is the type of person that in my dealings will scour much ground trying to get it for you. He does travel back and forth to Europe and your order might have been delayed or backordered. I would give him a call and find out what is up, he was always most helpful to me.

Mike

I agree. Christian is a good man and any problems or delays are due to his business related travels.

I also had delays getting books from this company but Christian was wonderful to deal with and everything was sorted out in the end.

Speaking of books, has anyone heard whether a fifth volume of Eric Blots' Modern Italian Violin Making is being published?