Maestronet Forums

Giovanni Gammuto?????

Mike_D30

Forum rules of the Royal School of Music. That is hard missing here!

http://forums.abrsm.org/index.php?act=boardrules

Especially:

Defamation and Libel

Please be aware that posts made to the Associated Board website forums or private messages exchanged via the forums may be considered libellous, if the goal of these postings or messages are to damage the reputation of an individual or company.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forum rules of the Royal School of Music. That is hard missing here!

http://forums.abrsm.org/index.php?act=boardrules

Especially:

Defamation and Libel

Please be aware that posts made to the Associated Board website forums or private messages exchanged via the forums may be considered libellous, if the goal of these postings or messages are to damage the reputation of an individual or company.

To defend against a charge of slander/libel in a US court, it's enough to show that what was said/written was true, if what was said/written was about the person's business activities or the person is a politician.

Are you, perhaps, the supplier of Mr Gammuto's white violins? Is that why you're interested in this issue?

Mr.yx;

I could suggest that you remove Ms. Todes name in my last post and replace it with the Royal School of Music, but I get the impression that you are more interested in pushing your own agenda than paying attention to what I write, or in understanding the advantages of this environment as well as the disadvantages. Therefore any further effort on my part would be a waste of my own time.

This thread has pretty much run it's course anyway. The facts are that the seller in question repeatedly used images of others work, mislabeled, on their website to promote their own product. While I may suspect how and why this was done, I have no direct knowledge of the circumstances that lead to this...

Others have voiced their own opinions.

Hopefully, there will not be a reason to start a new discussion in the future pertaining to this same seller.

Cheers,