Comments on this maker or violin?

I can't see Italy in this violin... the corners are bad, it's a factory made instrument, in my opinion, the name sounds strange and if he were the second generation of liutai we would have heard something about him. I googled his name and found nothing. There are many factory made instruments with fake Italian names on the market.

It looked like a factory fiddle to me, too, althought the corners didn't seem especially bad to my untutored eye.

A little research reveals that a Milanese maker in the earlier XX century, Vincenzo Arassi, is probably the "Enzo" referred to by the label. Apparantly Arassich and Arassi may be cognate names in the northeast of Italy. Not withstanding Enzo, I found no evidence of any Sandro Arassich or Arassi.

HS

Hi! Vincenzo and Enzo are quite different names, "Enzo" is not a diminutive of Vincenzo. And Arassi is different from Arassich, and Milan is quite distant from Trieste...

I find the corners bad. In general the outer lines of the corners, if prolonged, will not meet, they will run paralell on the last part of the corner. Even Del Gesù's small corners follow this, as here (a Strad corner, from the Shrine to Music Museum site):

2398621073_7d8902fc6b.jpg

And in this template on the Museo Stradivariano in Cremona (Melving's photo, I think)

2398619889_0b9cc8ce8e.jpg

I must have seen half a dozen violins on Ebay labelled like this.

They all have the same background and design to the lisiting, but I cannot remember whether they are from the same seller.

I always smell a rat when multiple violins appear with the same attribution and same background.

Multiple fakes or multiple attempts to sell the same piece - smell the same to me

I don't even need to research about the maker.

There're a few seller listing violins like that, and I've been watching them for more than few years. There might be some difference in descriptions and structures, but you can tell the photos are taken by the same camera and by the same hand. Some of the sellers have funny names too, and most importantly have either very old or seller's feedback instead of buyer's. You can tell they're actually of a same person, just with different accounts.

Just stay away and you'll be fine.

Any knowledge of this maker, and opinions if the violin is correctly labelled?

http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-FINE-SANDRO-ARASS...p3286.m14.l1308

The label also includes the text "And student of Enzo."

HS

This is a fraudulent listing, there is absolutely no doubt. This seller has MULTIPLE seller ids, no location is listed, (one sure warning sign) The format is exactly as countless previous listings from the last few years. Because the listing is deceptive, the instrument, undoubtedly Chinese, will sell for 10-20 times what it's worth and the sale is final. Stay away!

This post has been educational on the corners. Just saw this on ebay item#230274760158

I think this is from a reputable seller and the maker is a known maker (I googled it). Looking at the pictures, the corners on this violin didn't looked like those shown in this post either.

What are the expers' thoughts on this one?

Thanks!

This is a fraudulent listing, there is absolutely no doubt. This seller has MULTIPLE seller ids, no location is listed, (one sure warning sign) The format is exactly as countless previous listings from the last few years. Because the listing is deceptive, the instrument, undoubtedly Chinese, will sell for 10-20 times what it's worth and the sale is final. Stay away!

Hi, pappy pigcat and Janito

Is this one of the similarly formatted items you are talking about? Is this one of the seller IDs he/she used?

Item 170233242204

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170233242204

Even the label was dated wrong.

I've been watching Ebay for over 2 years, and it's fun.

I've seen some sellers like them, and they sells almost the same violin with different labels. I believe that the most of violins are from the same maker of factory, but sometimes, other violins are come up.

They don't say that the violin is made 'by' the maker on the label. They just say 'someone' violin, or labelled 'someone'. They never mention it is authentic or made by. That means they also afraid of fraud. They just want you to mistake. But sometimes, the price goes high.

The violin looks upper quality of mass production violin.

Thanks Manfio about the corners.

eViolin - Most likely it is, although the picture quality a little different but the overall page layout and photo angle are somewhat too similar. I'd really stay away, especially talking about fake label and fake age thingy. I've played a few violins like that, made in China, the antiquing is really convincing to layman's eyes, but not to experts I'm supposed. But the sound? You bet, nothing to write home about, but the price is right (less than $500 USD), so no complaints. But ya know, this is ebay...

and another:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-NICE-LUKA-BACCHI-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Note that it is not the background per se, but the combination of background, violin type, label and text that repeatedly turnup together.

This seller has used the following a few times:

"...I am sorry to part with this violin, but at moment I need money more than the instrument of this quality. "

--------------------

Funnily enough, 'la migra' is slang for 'the cops'...

yupsapa, paroket, lalamigra. Sounds like those seller names are created randomly...

There're MORE similar names from the same person. Notice they also have similar numbers of feedbacks, 16, 16 and 17. You have no way to check what kind of transaction/item has been dealed in the past according to the feedbacks.

:)

yupsapa, paroket, lalamigra. Sounds like those seller names are created randomly...

There're MORE similar names from the same person. Notice they also have similar numbers of feedbacks, 16, 16 and 17. You have no way to check what kind of transaction/item has been dealed in the past according to the feedbacks.

:)

Here is one more, and this time, you bet, a different name "zumbaba". But the winning bid is eye-opening, I wonder is that real?

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=230253146382

• 1 month later...