Maestronet Forums

Maestronet members...are they all real?

Dean_Lapinel

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who are we referring to? im missing something, is yuen a made up person?

Jimmy, I have no doubt you are real. I started making violins as a hobbyat 16 after starting to read Carleen Hutchins stuff a year before. Also had found Michelmann and was making his experiments. As to Yuen, he seems genuine to me. It is a typical Chinese name, and if he is player with a small handyman hobby, I don't think we should hurt his feelings. He is polite and seems to want to stimulate conversation. At least he does not push people. If he is fake, then I suppose you don't need to talk to him.

John

Jimmy, I have no doubt you are real. I started making violins as a hobbyat 16 after starting to read Carleen Hutchins stuff a year before. Also had found Michelmann and was making his experiments. As to Yuen, he seems genuine to me. It is a typical Chinese name, and if he is player with a small handyman hobby, I don't think we should hurt his feelings. He is polite and seems to want to stimulate conversation. At least he does not push people. If he is fake, then I suppose you don't need to talk to him.

John

Yuen has a good heart, means well and he's not condescending in any way; What he lacks in knowledge and experience he more than makes up with in enthusiasm.

This thread will be a hot topic, sadly.

only because your here buddy haha just messing around

i think people have this huge fascination with things they dont know, like who they can trust

the 5 7 poker game is in texas hold em, first player to win with 5 and 7 by any means gets 500 dollars

so people bluff like hell and you dont know weather they have 5 7(faker) or double aces(real person) and it creates chaos

In this field there are many that profess or are accused to be guarding some secret. Often these secrets are a self induced belief, correct, partially correct or not. Anybody that has accrued some wisdom will consider these theories and ideas with an open, but questioning mind looking to qualify or disqualify them. Using this method one may get closer to the truth of any matter. Blind faith in someone else's ideas without questioning will produce little more than a slavish copyist.

Disclaimer:Those with religious views, this comment does not in any way apply to your convictions or faith; carry on as you were.

Personally, I'm a figment of my imagination.

Was it Sartre who said we're "impersonating an identity"?

But to think that someone would just make up fake identities, it's sort of voluntary schizophrenia. I suppose they have drugs for that. I know I do.

This thread will be a hot topic, sadly.

Co-incidence that it runs alongside the welcome the master repairman thread.

Jimmy and Ben, I am not convinced that everyone here is a "master." I am a Masters, is that twice as good? There are likely many lurkers who look for the occasional good idea and do not respond. Juen seems to be 70 perhaps, and likely not in a position to learn much technical stuff from a bunch of kids. But he seems to like communications. I would encourage him to return if he is sincere. I myself am 64, and after a year of FEA and other calculations, I am having trouble getting back to hand work. I stay in touch to try to stimulate myself and my interest.

Yuen has a good heart, means well and he's not condescending in any way; What he lacks in knowledge and experience he more than makes up with in enthusiasm.

I guess the line between enthusiasm and boneheadednes can be hard to draw but easy to cross.