Maestronet Forums

Maestronet members...are they all real?

Dean_Lapinel

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Online forums are like the Straits of Georgia--the currents bring strange things from all over the world and collect them in one place. The odder things stand out as a group, and tempt us to imagine conscious intent, but in truth it's just coincidence. :)

As things stand I'd say we'd have been lucky if it had been just a one-for-one trade. I think they're gaining on us. :)

spesso i tempi, la gente non sono che cosa sembrano essere in realtà e spesso i tempi sul Internet, che gente sembra essere, possono essere più dell'occhio che cosa è reale? quanti identiys può una persona avere prima che più non conoscano chi sono?

ah, ναι μεγάλος birdman, σοφός σας όπως μια κουκουβάγια και ψυχραιμία όπως έναν λύκο....

isn't the internet great!

ok, i'll admit it....

my names not really jessupe goldastini...its really jesse goldstein...

but i figured' nobody'd want a violin made by a half jew :) {they only want to hear us play em' :)B):)B) }

so now i come to find that no one wants one from a half jew with a mocktalian name...

damm!

sorry no offence to any soul brother 1/2 jews....or people with fake names

Why is it that we lose a fabulist and rapscallion only to gain another who has the same propensity to post as if well versed in many subjects? Is this a cruel joke of fate or is it a play by a puppeteer with humor?

Whatever do you mean!... are you suggesting that some Maestronet members are fictitious, or are you casting aspersions on fictitious characters in general. Either way... I strongly object!

Endemic to the profession...?

See list of Mirecourt makers in another thread.

But also seen in other places - compare George Orwell and Naomi Campbell as 'authors'.

-------------

Oh, almost forgot...

Signed

Franz Zinfandel Janito

(& Janito is an allusion to where I come from, a bit like Gaspar of Salo)

Some older and smaller sites like photo.net etc require real name users only, with verified email and ID etc.

That cuts down on spamming multiple personality posters, but also makes a for a dull clique.

Then you get newer sites lifke Flickr with millions of happy users, and quite a few nutcases.

Cyberspace is a good place to learn, blow your own trumpet, advertise, and sometimes make real friends.

I love the nutcase threads. Without the dimension of tone quality, it's a real challenge to sort the lies, the dementia, and the kidding around. This is good training for people in any business having to do with the violin. Keep the loonies sparse, but keep 'em coming.

PS: I'm quasi-Jewish and 3/8 Italian, thanks to one individual, who claimed to be French. He was born in 1860 to a Bushwhacker mom, and grew up to be Prosecuting Attorney in a border county in this most borderline of states. I am a real redhead with dishwater blond hair, and getting messed with just makes my day.

Who's pulling the strings?

gpqo2xzdu5x4a-full.jpg

unreal!

The usual prankster subjects. I saw M Darnton's name come up as a possible for one identity.

I can certainly see David B pulling our collective legs...

We've discovered a few over time...I know of one double identity that I can't reveal (one for fun).

Then there is the real name I'm not allowed to use for one of the posters here. Made that mistake once and I was promptly scolded by his friend. :)

I wonder what the record is for the duration of a fake character on Maestronet?

I used to think Yuen was real, now I don't know.

There is a new person that I can't figure out yet but if he/she is real it would shock me.

Actually, it sounds like fun to create posts that stir up emotions or make jaws drop.

Whatever do you mean!... are you suggesting that some Maestronet members are fictitious, or are you casting aspersions on fictitious characters in general. Either way... I strongly object!

I think your Stanley Potts character was just perfect. I really miss reading those diaries. Have you ever thought of publishing a book (authored by Stanley)? How is your real book coming along?

ah, ναι μεγάλος birdman, σοφός σας όπως μια κουκουβάγια και ψυχραιμία όπως έναν λύκο....

isn't the internet great!

ok, i'll admit it....

my names not really jessupe goldastini...its really jesse goldstein...

but i figured' nobody'd want a violin made by a half jew :) {they only want to hear us play em' :)B):)B) }

so now i come to find that no one wants one from a half jew with a mocktalian name...

damm!

sorry no offence to any soul brother 1/2 jews....or people with fake names

Fake names don't worry me. I don't even mind fake second characters as long as I don't get fooled by the character too badly.