Sign in to follow this  
Magnus Nedregard

If you have 2 min...

...you could spend them seeing trough the english page on my website. I rewrote it the other day, and since my english is a little self-made I am sure there might be some things that doesn't make sense or just bad spelling/language - PM me if you find something outrageously wrong (Other useful suggestions are also welcome, but remember for now it is just meant to give quick introduction to me and my little business to all the non-norwegians browsing trough, my paying customers are locals and probably more interested in the norwegian stuff)

Thanks

Third paragraph, a bit of a run-on sentence.

under "repair"--- threat, not treath

under #3---technical, not thecnical.

other then that, looks good.

And much better then my Norwegian website wold be.

"its" in the sense of "belonging to it" doesn't have an apostrophe. Apart from that I can only see the things that Argle pointed out.

Ok, one more thing, we would normally say "damage to" rather than "damage on"

one small typo....

the word technical is spelled wrong...

n area #3

other than that, looks good...

you appear to be a jolly fellow who is happy, and extremely intelligent....

keep up the good work...

First Paragraph:

musicians and students "form" , should be "from"

and I would write:

My services: 1) Repair & maintenance:

Whether you need instrument repairs, major restoration, or just a sound adjustment, my task is to make sure your instrument performs at it's optimum, while maintaining the integrity of the instrument. In an artistic yet economical manner you will benefit from selecting us to perform repair and restoration on your instrument. Thoughtless or amateurish repairs can be destructive to any string instrument, and easily ruin its performance and value. My goal is to take care of your instrument using the utmost quality in workmanship, technique and material; Antique instruments constitute a cultural heritage that must be preserved in a respectful manner.

2) New instruments

I focus my activity on making a few instruments a year, primarily celli and violas. As well I will undertake custom orders to suit your specific requirements.

3) Insurance appraisal and consultation

If you require an independent opinion of the technical condition of an instrument your are considering to purchase, please feel free to contact me for consultation. I also provide insurance appraisal services for Norwegian insurance companies.

This is of course my approach to wording the above ideas; feel free to use what you like.

...you could spend them seeing trough the english page on my website. I rewrote it the other day, and since my english is a little self-made I am sure there might be some things that doesn't make sense or just bad spelling/language - PM me if you find something outrageously wrong (Other useful suggestions are also welcome, but remember for now it is just meant to give quick introduction to me and my little business to all the non-norwegians browsing trough, my paying customers are locals and probably more interested in the norwegian stuff)

Thanks

Hi Magnus,

English is my second language, so I might be wrong!

A wonderful place to work with it's rich cultural life and a great tradition for string playing.

I would change the costruction of the sentence to: A wonderful place to work in, with rich cultural life and a great tradition for string playing.

I would change the costruction of the sentence to: A wonderful place to work in, with rich cultural life and a great tradition for string playing.

If concerned, I would just add "It is" to the beginning.

I don’t want to be overprotective of Magnus, but it seems that even these small ‘corrections’ would be more tastefully sent as private messages. :)

I don’t want to be overprotective of Magnus, but it seems that even these small ‘corrections’ would be more tastefully sent as private messages. :)

My apologies if there is any offence over my editing; it was meant in a spirit of goodwill without criticism.