Sign in to follow this  
mbmsv

International Luthiers Supply

Does anyone know what happened to this company? I've been trying to fax them an order and then to call, but both their phone lines seem to be out of order. I' emailed, but haven't got any response either, although it's been only a few hours since I sent it... Thanks.

I hate to say but I think this company is gone.

Whatever you do, do not give them your credit card number. After a month and half we still have not received the order we placed with them. And yes, we paid for it.

If you want fast service and good prices contact International Violin Company, They will treat you right.

Good luck

Frank

And don't forget Dov. His stuff is great quality so far, very good prices, and he ships very quickly.

I'll vote for Dov. I phoned him on a Friday and did an order over the phone. The stuff was at our home on Monday, and that was shipping it priority male.

Prices are good too.

what i had to do to get my stuff........

placed a large order with them...over 1200.00

waited....nothing...waited some more nothing....

tried to contact them....nothing....busy all day long...

so...

then i decided that i would take action....my way

called up the oklahoma city buisness lic division...got connected to some young gal...

told her i needed to get information about this company....phone #s, addresses etc. of the parties listed on the ownership...

she says i can't tell you that....

i says...hmmm...thats funny....here in california we have a transparent system whereas i can find out information as such....at this point preying on her apperent desire to not be un-sophisticated unlike us californians,ha.....she spilled the beans....sang like bird...ratted out jhonny rotten....you get the point...,

so armed with my new found information....i now had the ability to make contact....but prior to doing that...being one who was at one point involved in the industry i'm in quite natoinally, i have buisenss friends all over the country....contacted a guy i know in ok city...{i belive there listed in tulsa but the physical address is in ok city?, it was a year ago, memory fades} told him my issue....keep in mind most of these buisness associates are burly large contractors...told him if he would'nt mind stopping by and seeing whats taking so long....

so i call all these #s up, end up talking to uncles, wives....and just basically saying...hey, this is me....i want my stuff....

"how did you get this #? blah,blah ,blah"

"thats of no concern to you", i says.......click....

and then, still fumming, i decided i would take an entire day off, just to see if i could get them by phone....well after leaving the auto dial on for all day...finally the kid answers........

" hey...its me"....wheres my stuff............man"........

"hey well whats with calling my uncle up?, thats pretty wierd"...

i says...."hey you don't know what wierd is"..................man.........i want my stuff.......click....five minutes after that....my friend walks through his door....

"hey, are you gonna send him stuff or what?"....i'm gonna talk to him later tommorow, him being me....find out if you gotsa tracking order....bye.......

well, s.o.b, the kid calls me the next day with a tracking order....how nice :)

so apperently you have to pass yourself off as a connected mobster with the ability to gain access to private #s and have associates drop on by to see how things are moving along to get any service....

now that.....is italian, boys and girls.......

yes actually, i feel quite bad.....i feel that if i were to have spouted off that i may have saved some from dealing with these apparent criminals.....

BUT...due to that, "clear concise" language that many seem to like to use around here and elsewhere , in the "community"...i decided that i would not want to offend anyone....heaven forbid we actually call crooks crooks.....or bad mouth inferior products........

now look here, i have my man Winthrope apply my trousers one pant leg at a time, just like the rest of you....but i do wish the community would be more untouchy/feely when it comes to fraud....its seems only if one trys to pass of an expensive fraud is it, reprehensible....whereas average newbies should go to "miss manners" classes before they are allowed to speak up......or so it feels

common jimmy....lets go crack some corn.....

Guess I'll stop trying to contact them, two phone numbers, one set to busy and the alternate set to ring with no answer.

I was eyeballing the Heliocore string sets for $23.95 ($30. plus elsewhere), but I suppose that's old pricing.

A few years ago I had a $300.00 order with them and told the guy on the phone to make it quick. Had it in two days, Tulsa to Oregon. Wasn't expecting anything that quick. My voice must have scared the crap out of him.

As with family-run businesses any disturbance within the family usually creates havoc on the business. Oh well..........................

yes, stop calling them...e-mail these links to the local police dept...and then call them and tell them you've been robbed by these people.......sorry i'm not falling for the poor family problems b.s story....ANY ehthical buisness that found themselves in a situation where they can no longer serve their customers appropritly would have the MORALS to no longer accept money and explain that there having some problems, and that they will be up and running as soon as pssible.....you DO NOT take peoples money and then send stuff out when it fits in your schedule, in this case seemingly never....i could understand a small amount of latency with a few customers.....but no...uhuh....this bs has been going on for over 2 years.....any defense of these scumbags is ridiculous....my problems were with my first order for anything violin related....i found it to be a real nice welcome to the club, f.u...that was 1 yr 4 months ago........really these people need to be stoped....they are crooks who are robbing inoccent people of their hard earned money

Gave up on them long time ago. Switched to international violin company and never had a problem. Last time talking to Ken, their Helicore violin strings set was on sale ($20 bucks if I remember right). Call them if they still have some left... :):)

So, having read all that I consider to be lucky that my fax with my credit card number hasn't gone through! :) I placed my order with the International Violin Company instead...

reminds me of a funny story, i bought a brand new drum set for 3000 from guitar center, i was supposed to get a free suspension mounting system, well it turns out they said they ordered it but in reality it was no longer manufactured(they cost about 500 bucks) so my dad calls 3 weeks later, they said its on backorder and will be here in 2 weeks(by then i wouldnt be able to return my drum set), my dad is an ex police cheif btw, so we walk into the store, my dad walks up to the manager and says, i paid 3000 dollars for a set of drums, im gettin this mounting system or you guys will get these drums back through your front window tomorow, needless to say the guy upgraded it and gave me the mounting system, so it would seem all it takes i some muscle and threats to get whatcha want, break these guyses shins, theyll cough up the merchandise

Gave up on them long time ago. Switched to international violin company and never had a problem. Last time talking to Ken, their Helicore violin strings set was on sale ($20 bucks if I remember right). Call them if they still have some left... :):)

Thanks shsu:

$20. a bargain............Heliocores

Does anyone know what happened to this company? I've been trying to fax them an order and then to call, but both their phone lines seem to be out of order. I' emailed, but haven't got any response either, although it's been only a few hours since I sent it... Thanks.

++++++++++++++++++++

Usually if your e-mail is not retuned undeliverable, then they must have gotten it. It must be

some kind of emergency situation. You never know. Hope they will respond you soon.

I have an instance with an on-line (small) company (not Int. Luth. Suppy) that they did not process my order

because the check I sent had not my name on it. They could not figure it out whose check it was after they separated the

check with the order.

I placed an order over the phone with ILS of Tulsa nov of 06. Mar of 07 still no goods.

I only live 60 miles away and have violin lessons in Tulsa, so I went up there to discern the problem. Only one guy running the place, short handed, I'd say.

My order wasn't shipped because several items were back ordered. And since he had already debited by credit card, I realized I wasn't going to get my order or a refund, so i substituted items to get to my dollar amount.

If you contact him again, ask if the reason is backorder. Then substitute. The back ordered items were tools, Ibex planes and a few others. I haven't puzzled out the riddle of when he answers the phone. To sort this all out, I was there several Thursdays in a row as that is my weekly violin appointment at the conservatory. When I was there, the phone would ring, and he wouldn't answer it, saying that computer technicians were installing better internet functions. Then other times he would answer it.

My last trip, a year ago, saw several professional guitar builders hard at work.

This is horribly frustrating when this happens, I wish you the best of luck.

A while ago I ordered 8 carbon fiber bows from a manufacturer in China (first time I ordered from that particular outfit). The bows which I received were however wood bows (supposedly pernambuco). I told them I'll return the bows to them for a refund. They refused a refund.

I then provided them with the URL of Maestronet and the previous thread about International Luthier, and informed them that they should expect to be featured next.

They immediately sent me 14 carbon bows free of charge via UPS, and told me to keep the 8 wood bows as well.

actually i belive the fbi should be called...seeing how there buisness is international and does buisness nationally based in the usa...

they steal from people...they should be stopped...

story after story...partial shipment,late or just none.......

its not right, and frankly unless they publically explain themselves here and on other forums with a plan for rectification, i think it only responsible to be proactive and spread the word about what they do...unless someone who has been ripped off by these guys is willing to attempt to bring legal authority in on it, the only way to stop them may be by spreading the word and just killing their buisness...AND..how is it that they get #1 ranking when you google violin supply or other relitive keywords?....does google not hold some responsibility for making it so easy for a rip off company to consistantly be ranked so high?...to almost promote them?

all i know is i bust my ass for my money, i go out of my way to do what i say and say what i do, and provide qaulity service with due dilligence...

and then to think of this punk kid sittin' there taking credit card info charging peoples accounts, letting the phone ring all day long and "kinda getting around to it" REALLY pisses me off....

hell i might just order something just so they can stiff me, just so i can have reason to go after them....

actually i just copied and pasted all the thread and sent it them, letting them know my intentions to contact the authoritys....

hey i here the storys, but its been almost two years of the same old story of people getting ripped off....

they must be stopped....

i will stop them...

no one else seems to care

i do

Thanks Andres...

I guess I popped up again just when some might have started to experience a false sense of security :)