Sign in to follow this  
jezzupe

your favorite players

Modern Anastasiya Petryshak, old probably Kreisler for me even though I don’t know much about playing he had a very warm sound which I like. I would have loved to have heard lipinski when he played with Paganini

On 4/17/2008 at 4:40 AM, jezzupe said:

who are some of your favorite virtuosso players....dead or alive

Ed Alleyne Johnson.

The virtuoso players that I listen to the most are Jerry Goodman, when he was in the Mahavishnu Orchestra and Lina Tur Bonet.

1 hour ago, ALCO said:

I'm trying and failing to work out how to post videos. Please, can anyone help me? Thanks.

Go to you tube, at the bottom of the video click on share, then  on copy link, then paste it here

Thank you Stringy. 

I followed those very clear and simple instructions but as always, when I do anything on computers, something entirely different happens!! I will keep on trying.

11 hours ago, ALCO said:

I'm trying and failing to work out how to post videos. Please, can anyone help me? Thanks.

Open two tabs, one for the MN thread, and the other for the You Tube window that you want to embed.

Open the MN "Reply" widget, type in your comment, and "Enter" to put the typing cursor on a new line.

Go to the YouTube page tab.

Move your mouse cursor to your browser's URL window.

Right click to simultaneously highlight the URL, as well as bring up the Edit widget.

Move your mouse cursor to "Copy", and left click your mouse.

Go back to the MN tab, and right click to bring up the "Edit" widget.

Left click on "Paste".

When the "Keep the formatting?" bar appears, left click the "X" to close it.

That should do it.  :)

1 hour ago, ALCO said:

Thank you Stringy. 

I followed those very clear and simple instructions but as always, when I do anything on computers, something entirely different happens!! I will keep on trying.

Are you using a tablet or a computer? If using a tablet, once you have copied the link, just place your finger down on here where you want the video to go hold it down for a few seconds and a small window will appear giving the option to paste, click that and you are done. If you are using a computer, follow the same instructions but instead of placing your finger, right click the mouse which will then give the option of pasting.

Aha!! Thank you both for your help. I'm currently using a tablet but may be getting a pc soon. 

Here is my favourite violinist. I don't really like the video, but even if I did I would still always listen with my eyes closed. In all of her recordings, I feel that every note and every phrase is as near as it can be to perfection.

^i was healthily prepared to hate her, but when i clicked on some of her other stuff, she's pretty interesting, like the bach meets handel video.  i will look into her more.  quite a good player.  her recordist is doing her a disservice though

I do find myself thinking the same way about various things, only to be pleasantly surprised.

This is a poorly edited video of two performances she gave during a 90 minute radio interview and captured (with a couple of jumps) on the studio camera. Despite that, the audio is ok and it is good to see and hear her without all of the other requirements necessary for a concert or video production. Just brilliant fiddling!!

1 hour ago, ALCO said:

I do find myself thinking the same way about various things, only to be pleasantly surprised.

This is a poorly edited video of two performances she gave during a 90 minute radio interview and captured (with a couple of jumps) on the studio camera. Despite that, the audio is ok and it is good to see and hear her without all of the other requirements necessary for a concert or video production. Just brilliant fiddling!!

Lot of work gone into it, many, many thousands of hours of practice and graft.

Starting a little after 3:00 in that one you can especially hear what i meant by her recordist.  It's so processed it might as well be a synthesizer.  It's like i can't hear her at all

So true Stringy. 

Bill, it seems that my ears are not as finely tuned, because I thought it sounded fine.

That is the result of 50 years of exposure to rock bands and in a past life, being a drummer in one.