Maestronet Forums

MANFIO

NewNewbie

Thanks for all the great posts!

......and Happy birthday to choo-choo plane too!

Almost forgot these too as well!

Famous people born in March

01-Mar

1810 Frederic Chopin

1904 Glenn Miller

1910 David Niven

1927 Harry Belafonte

1940 David Broome

1944 Roger Daltrey

1952 Mike Read

1955 Cdre Timothy Laurence

1980 Lady Rose Windsor

Hi! Thank you all! It seems I'm rather popular here in the forum!!!

I'm happy you liked the neck and scroll carving thread, I received many many private messages and e.mails about it. Do you have any suggestions for the next tutorial?

In general I make shrimp raviole in my birthday, but I was rather tired to cook today (mainly after the Kendo training...), so we lunched in a Japanese restaurant (I go there every week for decades, the sushi man is my friend), but unfortunately they had no sashimi toro today... Anyway it was quite quite good, as usual, and my children loved it!.

Some friends appeared in the afternoon and we had some good wine from Chile with prosciuto crudo and parmiggiano cheese, and some other apetizers... and a marzappane cake with apricot cream, quite good, but I don't want to face the scale tomorrow....

Gisela gave me a collection with 70 CDs by Maria Callas, with many many operas and recitals, it will take some time to listen to all these CDs, I started with Puccini's Manon Lescot, I really love Puccini and Callas with those old singers and the orchestra and choir of the Teatro alla Scalla di Milano, they are really gorgeous. My preference is towards chamber music but I started listening to opera about 10 years ago too, I love La Bohème with Callas.

Thank you all, ciao!

quote:

Originally posted by:
MANFIO

I'm happy you liked the neck and scroll carving thread, I received many many private messages and e.mails about it. Do you have any suggestions for the next tutorial?

Well, since you ask...

If you haven't yet posted a pictorial dealing with the corpus, I'd love to see one with you carving a back, or belly, or maybe carving the neck mortise and fitting the neck to the corpus. Or perhaps you have a good technique for creating a mould. Any of these would be excellent topics, at least from my point of view...

BTW, it sounds like you've had an excellent birthday - I can wish for one like it. Probably won't happen, though. I confess that (in at least most cases I've heard so far) opera is a particular irritant for me - I've been listening to classical CD's while I work on my violin, but I made the mistake of putting on Mozart's "Die Zauberflote" last weekend, and while I tried to tolerate it for a while, I did eventually have to take it off in favour of the CBC Radio...

Anything you decide to present would be interesting to me, but since you asked -- and Tim beat me to it, so I'm seconding one of his suggestions -- Making a top.

"Some friends appeared in the afternoon and we had some good wine from Chile with prosciuto crudo and parmiggiano cheese, and some other apetizers... and a marzappane cake with apricot cream, quite good"

Some of your posts just make me hungry....

Cheers,

Ken