Sign in to follow this  
violinclassic

Had My First Lesson today!

Had my first lesson today and played several lines of open string music(after my violin was tuned), did some string crossovers and my teacher said I did quite well. I felt very good about myself. Can't wait till next week.

vc

Enjoy every note you play. Each one is beautiful. Take the time to listen to it.

Play some double stops too. Fast bow , slow bow, short bow. long bow, off strings, on

Strings. etc. so much fun. Right?

As Yuen said, enjoy every note you play. After playing the guitar for 36-years, I began violin lessons about 3/4 of a year ago. My fingers worked, but, my bowing was pretty bad (perhaps it is still a little forced). I'm at the point now where I'm not great, but, I enjoy my violin in my small home recording studio. I enjoy listening to select pieces within my recordings and acknowledge that some of it is pretty good. I'm my own worst judge.

Go forward with continued passion and never let anything stand between you and your passion. If you do, you might end up being an engineer as opposed to a musician. It is better to be a musician than dream about being a musician. -Wes